Notification

Icon
Error

Options
lisaup  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2010 8:09:18 AM(UTC)

OK This is REALLY old....  I decided to embroidery something for Halloween on my Brother ULT 2001.  I went to my Vista PC only to find I couldn't.  I haven't used the software in the 3 yeras since I got the new PC.  I used a cable and transfered all my embroidery files and programs over.  The problem is the dongle won't fit the PC as there is no slot.  Is there nothing I can do?  I have the box, but it is the same issue, no port.  I see online the PE basic would get me a box that connects with USB port.  I am willing to buy that, but I can't get the software PE DEsign 4.o to pull up without security device.

If I get PE Basic box, will it recognize it?  or is there still the dongle question??

Anyone out there know???

Thanks a bunch everyone...very frustrated that I finally got the urge and nothing works...

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2010 12:28:10 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

If what you need is a serial port for the software and the PC has USB A ports, then a product like this may work - http://www.google.com/pr...m=4&ved=0CDsQ8wIwAw#

You should be able to pick one up at your local electronics store or Staples.

lisaup  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2010 1:01:23 AM(UTC)

Thanks Pattiann.  That fixes the problem of plugging in my PE-Design box.  Do they sell a dongle adapter or will the program recognize the box and not ask for the security dongle?  It has been so long since I have tried, I don't remember.

Lisa

pattiann  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2010 1:15:54 AM(UTC)

I have never used a program that required a dongle.  I was given PE 6 software without a box, card or dongle.  My EM has options of card, flash drive or direct connect cable.

I open my design folder on the hard drive in PE 6 and then send to a flash drive or go to the software for the reader/writer unit and pull up from the same folder and write selected designs to a card for a reader/writer box.

Have you contacted Brother for a connection recommendations?

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/faq/faq_top.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=hf_design4eus

lisaup  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2010 6:13:21 AM(UTC)

Well I have a new problem.  I drug out an old laptop I had.  Got the PE-Design Version 2 to install.  Then updated it with my Paleete version 4.0.  I attached the PE Box card reader, and the Dongle which came with the PE Design 2.0.  I was at a show, and they were out of PE Design, so I bought the upgrade in Palette, which they said was the same.

The Version 2 works, I can open the 2.0, but when I try to open the Palette 4.0, it says security device not found! 

Anybody know whats going on here??  I guess it doesn't matter, as long as 2.0 works and I can write to the box, I am good to go.  I don't have much time for editing any way!!

Thanks Pattiann.  I thought all versions of PE Design came with a security dongle.

Lisa

audreyb  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2010 9:53:20 AM(UTC)

I have a new Vista computer and Pe Design will not work on it, I have Pe-Design 8 and thought it would work, however Pe Design does not work with Vista running on 64.  Hope you find someone who can help you.

pattiann  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 4:09:36 AM(UTC)

For Vista 32/64, the download from Brother should be used instead of the CD that comes with the software:

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/dlf/download_top.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=hf_basiceus

armelle  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2011 10:41:47 PM(UTC)

I hve PE Design 4.0 with a dongle.  I've just bought a new computer running Windows 7, 64 bit  It has no serial port to plug the dongle in, so I bought a serial - USB adapter.  Even with the dongle atttached via the adapter, I still get the message "No security device found".  I contacted Brother and their suggestion was that I try shutting down and restarting with the adapter connected - still doesn't work.  Very frustrating to have this expensive software that worked so well for years and not be able to use it.  I've gone back to using Embird. 

pattiann  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2011 12:24:59 AM(UTC)

If you want to continue using PE v4, you could purchase a second PC and use the older version of Windows (operating system).

However, I think I would stick with Embird.