Fancy Scrap Bag

When you sew, what do you do with your fabric trimmings and thread ends?  Doyou reach for a trash can?  Mine is too far away -- I can't put it as close to me as I want,because it gets in the way of my desk's drawers.  Instead, I keep a scrap bag right ... [More]

Tips for Applique Using AccuQuilt for Machine Embroidery

Hopefully, you took advantage of the AccuQuilt sale. These tips were written for embroidering applique shapes cut with AccuQuilt dies, but are just as valuable if you tack and trim your applique designs by hand. New Addition, Just in Time for Wedding Season Great news- Ann has added the AccuQuilt ... [More]

Hold towels for embroidery the easy, loop-free way

If you have ever used self-adhesive stabilizer to hold a towel for embroidery, it may have seemed easy at first. But when you have to remove the self-adhesive, the going gets tough. After removal, you have pulled loops on the back of the towel that look terrible. In this video excerpt from my video ... [More]

Back Side Up

Sometimes, the best side of the fabric is the back. I found that out while making a throw quilt for my daughter. It was based around a Catkin panel by Julie Paschkis. I love her folk/carved block-style approach to her fabric designs. My daughter loves cats so it was perfect. The surroun... [More]

Machine Features Everybody Needs

We are excited to have Eileen Roche, Editor of Designs in Machine Embroidery share this content with you, which was originally posted on Eileen’s Machine Embroidery Blog :When Nancy and I were creating Machine Embroidery in 6 Easy Lessons series, I delved into the b... [More]

Fix Loopy Threads

When you remove your embroidery work from the hoop, here's something that ranks up there with crooked embroidery - loopy threads from poor tensions. I have two methods to repair them. In this video exceprt from my video "Repairing Embroidery Mishaps", I show you two ways to secure tho... [More]

Stabilizer Tips and Tricks

Stabilizers are the workhorse of the embroidery industry. Since they are used literally every time we stitch, it helps to share tricks of the trade. Keeping Waste to a Minimum I have found that keeping the stabilizer width intact, rather than trimming it to the hoop size, eliminates unnecessary ... [More]

Please Welcome Me

Hello Everyone..... First of all let me introduce myself, my name is Pardeep Takhar. I have been working here at AnnTheGran (ATG) since 2007...... that's 6 years ....wow that's a really long time, time really does fly by. Here, at ATG, I have been involved in customer service, adding new pr... [More]

Upscale Bed Linens – Tips for stitching gorgeous machine embroidery designs on sheets

We are excited to have Eileen Roche, Editor of Designs in Machine Embroidery share this content with you, which was originally posted on Eileen’s Machine Embroidery Blog I love embroidered bed linens. They are such a treat to slide between as you end a long day. Here a... [More]

Embroidery Advisor Presents : Coffee Wrap Project

Materials: Coffee Wrap Saying or Type Designe.g.  Coffee Wrap Types In The HoopCoffee Wrap Sayings In The HoopCoffee TypesCoffee Sayings Coffee Wrap Template.pdf file (printed) Fabric 2 Pieces each 4.5” H x 13” W at least Quilting Fabric 1 P... [More]

Using a Stabilizer Window

When embroidering several of the same sized designs using adhesive tear-away stabilizer, you can save time and supplies by creating a stabilizer window. Hoop the adhesive tear-away like you normally would. Score the paper backing inside the hoop and peel it away. Embroider the design and ... [More]

Big and Beautiful...Embroidering Large Letters That Last

I love embroidering towels - they're my favorite monogrammed gift, and this past Christmas I really kept the machine humming with monogrammed towels for just about everyone. The challenge is that large letters have very wide satin stitches that can snag. In this video, I show you how to cre... [More]

Avoid Sinking Stitches

This week, I thought I would share some problems I had with stitches sinking into the design while creating the Scalloped Valentine project. I love to use wool felt in many of my projects. The cream-colored wool I used in the Scalloped Valentine projects was felted, meaning it had been washed in hot... [More]

Fancy Water Bottle Caddies

I am having entirely too much fun.  I admit that freely.  Ever sinceI started creating my own motifs in my digitizing software, I have beenfinding ever more ways to use them.  My latest is this Cathedral Windowswater bottle caddy.  I created a panel that ... [More]

An Indispensable Tool

We are excited to have Eileen Roche, Editor of Designs in Machine Embroidery share this content with you, which was originally posted on Eileen’s Machine Embroidery Blog I can’t believe how indispensable this tool is. Recently, I was stitching 24 onesies, a daun... [More]

Scalloped Valentine Hearts

Ann's readers can share the love. Last week, Pat shared links to three great free valentine designs [More]