Easy Christmas Napkins

Looking for a quick, last-minute gift? Christmas napkins are perfect! Not only do they dress up your holiday table, they make a wonderful gift. 

Hard to believe it has been five years since I wrote the Cutwork Poinsettia project. It used the Cutwork Poinsettia design by Dakota Collectibles. These napkins are even easier to stitch.  

Christmas Heart

Christmas Candles

Redwork (otherwise called goldwork, bluework or blackwork) designs work quite well, especially with a  metallic thread.
When using a metallic thread, be sure to slow the machine speed down and use a metallic or topstitch needle. They have a longer and slightly larger eye that reduces friction and thread breaks.
You can embroider on bought napkins or make your own. With a low stitch count and no color changes, they stitch up quickly. These Christmas redwork designs are on sale right now for .99 or less!

Deck the Holly

Hoop a piece of fabric-type water soluble stabilizer. Print out a template of the design you are going to stitch and include the cross hairs. Mark where you will position it in the hoop.

Spray the back of the napkin with temporary spray adhesive and finger-press it in the hoop, aligning the center of the design area with the center of the design.
Use the same thread color in the bobbin so that the back of the napkin looks just as pretty as the front.
Stitch out the design, remove excess stabilizer, and soak the rest away. Let the napkins dry, lightly press them, and enjoy!

Debbie SewBlest

Comments (1) -

These goldwork designs are 90 and 99 cents respectively. They sew out very fast and make a beautiful presentation.

Your previous blog with the explanation for cutwork is perfect. While cutwork sounds difficult, it is really not challenging at all. With a couple of cuts, any embroiderer will fall in love (or chocolate) with cutwork.

I remember my first cutwork, I went around to the neighbors showing them my cutwork because I was so excited.

Gorgeous, inexpensive and quick! My kind of embroidery.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer