Bunny Treat Bag

This is such an adorable bunny face design that you could embroider it on just about anything. With a low stitch count, it stitches up quickly. Better yet, it is on sale for just $1.35 until April 16.

I decided to make an Easter treat bag. The bag is self-lined with no seams showing. I used my serger and only stitched two seams. Hoop a light to medium weight tear-away stabilizer. Mark the vertical and horizontal center lines.

Cut a piece of fabric 10” wide by 12” high. (These proportions work well but you can certainly make a larger bag.)

Fold the fabric, wrong sides together, in half and lightly press the fold. Then finger press the vertical and horizontal center lines of the lower half. This is where you will place the design.

Spray the back of the fabric with a temporary adhesive and center the folds with the drawn lines on the fabric. I actually placed my fabric slightly higher than center to accommodate what will be the lower seam. Finger press the fabric onto the stabilizer.

Stitch the design as indicated. When finished, carefully tear away the stabilizer and press fabric face down on a towel to eliminate centering crease lines.

Fold fabric in half, lengthwise with right sides together, and stitch a seam along the long edge.

Fold half of the tube down over the other half. Right sides of fabric will now be exposed. The seam line will be in the back. Gently press.

The bunny face is now on the inside of the tube with the fold at the top and raw edges on the bottom.

Stitch a seam across the bottom through all four layers of fabric.

Turn the bag inside out, fill it with Easter grass and treats, and enjoy!

Debbie SewBlest

Comments (2) -

I love the fact that this is so quick and easy!!

Thanks, Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

Thanks, Pat. I'm all about quick and easy most of the time!