The Avid Embroiderer Presents - Another thing to do with Paint Chips

Some day we will all be embroidering on spider webs, in the meantime, this is an idea that has so many ways to use it, I just had to share it. 

This idea came from a blog titled 50-fun-things-to-do-with-paint-chip-samples. I think this one may have lots of uses such as wedding or baby announcements, school projects, or a very eye catching advertisement!

I started by looking at Disney colors which are vibrant and everyone goes with each other.  Mixing them will be easy.  The biggest problem was selecting just a few of them to use. 

This is the wallet I am going to embellish.

Here are a few examples of colors that I liked together.  I did feel like the brightest chip was not getting enough notice so I placed it in the center for a 'pop' of color.

This was one of my original ideas to do.  There are multiple things that don't work in this design, including too many stitches (9,000). I will find some other place for it because I like the layout and effect.

This is better but not quite right.

This was another thought I had for my design, but I felt the three colors were distracting from the design (3,000 stitches).  I was using a #9 needle which really was still too large, it left holes in the paper.  Fabric is much more forgiving with holes.

I like the way this turned out.  As a work in progress, it fixes most of the issues of the first two.  In the end, I am thinking that I would do the design on fabric like an upholstery type.  We have all seen that used in wallets, so, go with the pros and keep it simple. 

You may remember that Debbie at SewBlest, had a blog on doing chalkboard embroidery items.  It is a great blog, if you missed it, check it out.  In this case, instead of using fabric, you can use these paint colors that are in the chalk format. You don't have to paint the whole room in chalk paint, just do circles of varying sizes with fun sayings, embroidery designs or other ideas for a teenager's room.  The Disney site is 'chalk-full' of ideas!!!   

We here in California are still in a drought condition.  We are also having flash flooding (the ground is so dry, it cannot hold the water).  If you are in an area that is getting heavy snow and significantly cold temperatures, I saw this tip and thought it was a really good one.
  • Batteries for your car take a beating in the cold weather.  Even one that works just fine one minute can be worthless the next time.  Back your vehicle into your parking space.  If you need a jump, someone will be able to get to your vehicle much easier.

May you be blessed in ways you have not yet imagined. 

Pat

Comments (1) -

team_smooth 9/9/2017 1:33:30 PM

How fun, thank you for sharing your experimentation and broadening my ability to  see application options