Start Now: Christmas 2016 Ideas

I don't know about you, but my Christmas projects are sometimes two years in the making. I either have too many ideas or, most often, I run out of time. With Christmas designs now at 70% off, it is the perfect time to buy embroidery for next year (or at least start gathering designs and ideas for next year)!

Looking for blanks on which to embroider? You can often pick them up for 75% off after Christmas. Here are some of the designs and what you can make with them.

Christmas Lights

These would make a beautiful border on towels, napkins, and table runners.

Holly Corner and  Poinsettia Swirl

Two more great choices for table and kitchen linens. Even better, add them to a border or arrange on a pillow. 

Christmas Candle and  Menorah

Make your lights shine even more when you embroider the candle flames with glow-in-the-dark thread. Typically used for kid's clothing or Halloween embroidery, people aren't expecting these lights to glow!

Merry Christmas Tree

Check out the tutorial here. All you need is the design, an AccuQuilt GO! cutter and Holiday Medley die.

My First Christmas

Expecting the arrival of a baby some time next year? 

Snowman Diamonds

Like the look of blocks on point but don’t like the mathematical hassle? These designs stitch on point but can be embroidered on a regular block for easy piecing. Although sold as a potholder set, they can easily be made into a quilt, wall hanging, pillow, or throw.

Bless This House

This would make an adorable gift for newly wed couples. Stitch it up on a towel or as an ornament. Leave off the text and you can embroider the cardinals on anything you like.

Lace Star

These freestanding lace stars would be gorgeous stitched with metallic threads. Or, stitch them up in red, white, and blue for a patriotic-themed tree.

Cookies for Santa

Take any applique cookie design and turn it into cookies for Santa! Diane Brown also has a great tutorial for felt cookies and provides a link to her FREE designs.

Gift Tags

Pat featured these adorable gift tags in a past blog. Choose from a dozen designs that can be purchased as a set or individually.

It's not too soon to start thinking about next year!

Debbie SewBlest

Cookie Cutter Christmas
Cookie Cutter Christmas
Cookie Cutter Christmas