Unleash Your Creativity with the Winter Whimsy Vinyl Applique Kit by Designs in Machine Embroidery

As the holiday season approaches, there’s no better time to get into the festive spirit and engage in some creative crafting projects. Whether you’re an experienced crafter or just looking for a fun and artistic way to celebrate the joyous season, the Winter Whimsy Vinyl Applique Kit is your perfect companion. This innovative kit combines the hottest products in the home craft market, offering you the opportunity to create beautiful, tactile embroidery appliques that will add a touch of winter whimsy to your projects.

Dive into Mixed Media Embroidery:

The Winter Whimsy Vinyl Applique Kit takes your crafting to a whole new level with its inclusion of Siser® Aurora™ HTVSiser® StripFlock™ Pro HTV, and Siser® Glitter HTV in various colors. These vinyl sheets are perfect for adding a tactile and visually appealing dimension to your embroidery projects. You’ll be amazed at how the combination of different textures and colors can bring your designs to life.

Exquisite Polyester and KingStar Metallic Threads:

To complement the vinyl sheets, the kit includes a set of Exquisite Polyester and KingStar Metallic threads. These high-quality threads are perfect for embroidery and add a touch of luxury to your creations. The Exquisite Polyester threads come in three beautiful shades: MoonlightGold, and Green, providing you with a versatile color palette for your winter-themed projects. Additionally, the KingStar Metallic thread in Red adds a touch of elegance and holiday sparkle to your designs.

Free Winter-Themed Design:

As a special bonus, the Winter Whimsy Vinyl Applique Kit comes with a free winter-themed design suitable for a 5″ x 7″ embroidery hoop. This design will kickstart your creativity and give you plenty of inspiration to get started on your crafting journey.

Watch how easy it is to create this beautiful ice skate design!

Please login to comment
AnnTheGran.com | Beautiful people make beautiful things
Quick Gift Bags

Quick Gift Bags

Easy Gift Bags

Create quick and easy gift bags with fabric scraps and a wonderful fusible by Allstitch. This is a fun activity for kids, doesn't involve any sewing, and can be adapted for any occasion. I've made matching gift tags and you could use the same techniques to create cards.

Fuse-n-Bond is a double-sided adhesive designed for applique. It's permanent when fused with a medium-hot iron and works as well on paper as it does on fabric. What makes this product stronger then competing peel and sticks, is that it has adhesive on both sides.

Start with paper bags. Even plain lunch bags work well because you are going to decorate them.

Fusible gift bags

Cut scraps slightly larger than the shapes they will become. then fuse the wrong side of the fabric to the back side of the Fuse-n-Bond (not the waxed-paper side) according to the instructions. Using a pressing sheet will keep adhesive from sticking to the iron or anywhere else you don't want it to stick.

I chose a holly leaf with berry and a snowflake for my bags. Shapes can be drawn and cut out by hand or cut with Sizzix, Cricut, or AccuQuilt machines. If drawing your shapes, draw on the waxed-paper side of your fused fabric and cut around the shape.

A note:
My shapes were symmetrical so it didn't matter how I traced them. If the shape would be backwards once fused right side up, trace a reverse outline.

Fusible gift bags

Peel the paper backing away and fuse the shape to the bag.

Fusible gift bags

To make gift tags, fuse fabric to the Fuse-n-Bond and then to heavy-weight, cut-away stabilizer or card stock. Write on the cut-away/card stock side with permanent marker.

Fusible gift tag

The gift tag matches the bag!

Holly gift bag

Debbie SewBlest

Comments (1) -

I like how you changed a simple bag to something special.

Embroidery is always full of surprises.  Just trying something new can make everything interesting again.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer