November 8, 2013
Not rated yet
We have some great ideas on how to accessorize your holiday table with embroidery. One way is to create your very own decorative napkin rings. They are quick and easy and will take no time at all to finish. Then you can also embroider wonderful placemats, napkins, table cloths, towels, curtains, etc… There is no limit to how creative you can be with great embroidery designs. The project below uses the Autumn Harvest Leaves and Acorns Border design from the Autumn Harvest Design Pack or you could use any other designs that will fit the measurements.
Autumn Harvest Leaves and Acorns Border
- 2 pieces of fabric 2¼ inch wide by 7 ½ inch long
- 2 pieces of 1 inch Bias Tape or Ribbon 7 ½ inches long
1. Take one piece of fabric and embroider a border design of your choice on it. This napkin ring works best if the design is no more than 5” wide by 1” high. Some of the other border designs are larger so please check your sizes before embroidering and sewing the napkin rings.
2. Place your embroidered piece of fabric and plain piece of fabric on top of each other with the wrong sides together.
3. Pin and sew 1 piece of bias tape through both layers of fabric along the 7 ½ inch length of the fabric. Do this to both 7 ½ inch long edges. This will finish both edges of the napkin ring.
4. Fold fabric in half wrong sides together and sew a ¼ inch seam. Trim seam to 1/8 inch. Turn napkin ring inside out and sew a ¼ inch seam encasing the 1/8 inch seam. This creates a “French seam”.
5. Now the ring is ready for a napkin.
Below are a few samples of how the Autumn Harvest Designs can add a festive touch to your table.
Let us know what you think of this project below.