Learn Basic Applique

Applique has become one of my favorite techniques in machine embroidery. Designs are now so inclusive, that even the least experienced among us can easily create beautiful applique their first time out.

I created a Basic Applique video showing just how easy it is using the Applique Quilting Hearts Collection by Amazing Designs:

[View:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY2C1d3R2ms:560:315]

If you follow my blog, you may have seen several projects I created with this embroidery design. One is a traditional applique project while the other two are freestanding appliques. Applique can be used on clothing, quilts, and home decor or they can become ornaments or decorations when created as stand-alone pieces.

I also created a PDF you can download outlining how to create an applique. (Automatically download and read with free Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't have this program, you can download it here.)

Give applique a try; I think you'll like it! Then, check out these projects:

Free Applique Machine Embroidery Projects

Applique Project Links:

1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9     10     11     12     13     14

Debbie SewBlest

Comments (1) -

I do love your ideas.  Sew many things can be done with applique!  

Don't forget to add a splash of sparkle with metallic threads.  They are so improved and fun to work with.   www.annthegran.com/.../All.aspx">www.annthegran.com/.../All.aspx  

It is not too early to start hinting about a holiday gift!!  (Gifts should include one for yourself too.)

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer