Faith, Hope, Love Hanger5

Faith, Hope, Love Hanger Free Project

If you are attending a wedding any time soon, chances are this scripture will be included.

And now abides faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
Corinthians, 13:13

So what better gift for the new bride and groom than a testament to their love? Certainly, they will not receive two of these gifts and, perhaps best of all, this project was created using one of Ann's free designs!

Originally an applique, the Heart Flowers design is used here as framework for the words Faith, Hope, and Love. In my embroidery editing program, I kept the floral header for the first heart and copied two more heart outlines and pasted them below. Then, I added the wording. It all fit nicely in a 150x240 hoop.

Hoop an adhesive tear-away stabilizer and finger-press a piece of 9.5" x 15" wool felt to it. As far as the stitching, I used different colors for my sample. If creating this as a gift, you can customize it to the recipient's décor or the theme colors of the bride and groom. One step in the design called for black to outline the flower and small hearts at the very top. I chose to not stitch the outline.

After the design stitches, remove it from the hoop and tear the stabilizer from the back. I used a six-inch wire hanger, so I needed the width of my display piece to be five inches. Because the hearts are four inches wide, I measured a half-inch on either side of the hearts and trimmed the entire length of wool felt with a rotary cutter and clear ruler.

Faith, Hope, Love Free Machine Embroidery Project

Faith, Hope, Love Free Embroidery Project

Square off both narrow ends of felt. At the top, fold two inches of felt to the back. Mark the center point and clip a half-inch slit in the fold (It's there, but difficult to see!).

Faith, Hope, Love Free Embroidery Project

Insert the decorative heart on the hanger through the slit and adjust. Glue the bottom edge of the felt to the back of the design to secure.

Faith, Hope. Love Free Embroidery Project

Fold the bottom edge to the back, making sure the design is centered top to bottom. Glue to secure, and you have a unique gift from the heart.

Debbie SewBlest

Comments (8) -

OMG!  This is beyond beautiful and would be so cherished by a new couple!

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

Thanks, Pat. It was quick and easy to stitch.

I love this ..Could you share what font you used?TIA

Nina

ncason,

The font was called Galleria. It came with my editing software.

Here is a free link to the Faith/Hope/Love words I created for you to download:

If you have design editing software, you can add them!

community.annthegran.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/seweasy.Faith+Hope+Love/faith-hope-love-designs.zip

Wow you are an angel!! Thank you so much..My neice is going to love this..she is getting married September 28!!! many many thanks

Nina

You are quite welcome, Nina.

Be sure to post a photo so we can see it!

How do I upload pic?

I added it to my folder ..dont know if you can see it or not ..let me know how to do it or if i did accidentially do it right lol

Nina