Scalloped Valentine Hearts

Be Mine Free Ann Gran Heart Valentine embroidery design

Ann's readers can share the love. Last week, Pat shared links to three great free valentine designs in her blog. This week, I have another one I've been working on. Actually, two.

This valentine heart is another of Ann's designs. I particularly liked it because of the scalloped edge.

I removed the center design and added my own text-Be Mine-in an elegant script. You can do the same with Catalog Xpress and Alphabet Xpress.

Be Mine Free Ann Gran Valentine Heart embroidery design

Hoop an adhesive tear-away stabilizer and finger-press felted wool in the hoop. The design was stitched in red cotton thread. My choice of wool felt is Marcus Brothers. It is extremely soft (70% wool and 30% nylon), but hard to find. My source? The Stash Store.

After removing it from the hoop, carefully tear the stabilizer away and cut around the outside of the heart, leaving a bit of wool around the outside. Attach a hanger, and it's a unique valentine.

AccuQuilt 4" heart for embroidery

The second valentine is a felt heart shape with Be Mine embroidered in the middle and a row of rick rack around the outside edge to create the scallops.

The AccuQuilt GO cutter makes the process effortless. Using the AccuQuilt 55029 die, cut a four-inch heart, hoop an adhesive-backed tear-away stabilizer, and finger-press it in the center of the hoop.

Stitch out the text of choice (it could easily be a monogram) and remove from the hoop.

AccuQuilt 4" heart Valentine for embroidery with rick rack edge

Carefully tear away the stabilizer and glue the rick rack around the outside of the heart, fitting it to the curves. Attach a hanger and you have another special valentine.

AccuQuilt 4" heart for embroidery with rick rack edge Valentine

Check out some other valentine posts:

Debbie SewBlest

Comments (5) -

Excellent tutorial and innovation!  I enjoy seeing an embroiderer take something terrific and make it their own.    

Not only do we have beautiful designs available, but we can adjust and nudge them to suit our tastes.

Sewblest, your eye for interesting things is excellent.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

Thank you, Pat! I'd love to hear what our readers would like to see in upcoming blogs. Any suggestions?

If you buy one new piece of equipment this year, this is it. Whether it is the AccuQuilt Baby or the

Where can I buy the heart design? I have looked for it, but can't find it.

Kaye McDonald
kayemcd77@yahoo,com

kayemcd77 - Thanks for your question! After 10 years, it is difficult to say where that particular heart originated.
But, AnnTheGran has oodles of freebies that you can see here:

https://www.annthegran.com/freeembroiderydesigns  

Enter the 'search' word - heart. There are 14 pages with each page having 60 designs. You should be able to find something in 600+ designs. Over all, the freebies number over 6,700 items to chose from.

Thanks for joining us, & happy Valentine's Day!