Snowflakes for Sandy Hook

Lace Snowflake

Like many of you, my heart ached for families affected by the massacre in Newtown, Connecticut. So, after reading Pattiann’s post about making snowflakes for Sandy Hook, I deciced to stitch up a few. They were being collected by the Connecticut PTA and forwarded to Sandy Hook elementary for creation of a winter wonderland when students returned to class.

Originally, submissions were requested to be received in Connecticut by January 12. However, I just found out the request has been closed as they have been overwhelmed with submissions.

Connecticut PTA suggests that snowflake creators organize their own winter wonderlands in solidarity to Sandy Hook. At this time, they are only accepting monetary donations.

Decorated lace snowflake.

Snowflakes decorated with heart crystals, tube beads, and Swarovski crystal beads.

Perhaps you, your stitching guilds, or civic groups may want to use snowflakes in a fundraiser to benefit Sandy Hook:

·     Sell snowflakes

·     Create a memorial snowflake display with sponsors for each snowflake

·     Have a snowflake decorating contest (most original, most realistic, etc.)

Funds can be sent to:

Connecticut PTSA
60 Connolly Parkway
Building 12, Suite 103
Hamden, CT 06514

Get more information on their website or email sandyhook@ctpta.org

Here are some snowflake designs available on AnntheGran.com:

Debbie SewBlest

Comments (3) -

Sewblest - This is a lovely way to show how we care. Adding the beading is fantastic and easy to do.  It adds so much!

I appreciate your idea to crate a winter wonderland, it is a great idea.

In my current blog, I have made suggestions for the items and hope your readers will find a way to use these beautiful items.

Thank you and best wishes to you and yours, Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

Pingback from  Embellishing Embroidery - Sew Easy

Pingback from  Embellishing Embroidery - Sew Easy