The World's Easiest Sewing Machine Cover

Sometime last year I wrote about using a small tabletopper as an easy, casual cover for sewing machines.  My sewing room collects dust like crazy and I know it's not good for the machines.  Over the last few months, I have thoroughly enjoyed walking into my sewing room and being greeted by the pretty monograms and designs I stitched on those tabletoppers.  So much so, that I was thinking of ways I could have something different for each month of the year.  Using a tabletopper would not be practical as far as my wallet goes, so I was thinking of other ways I could make one for each month.  Another thing I always have to consider is time.  I have to keep my projects to about a hour or two and no more.  If I don't get something done in that time frame, it may never get done.  If it gets set aside to work on later, I might never get back to it---I might find a new quilt kit between now and then that just begs to be opened and cut into.  So once I sit down to make an easy project, I have to get it done then!  So with those two important factors in mind, I thought maybe a Gingham kitchen tea towel would be just the thing---and it worked beautifully!  Here's a photo of the two I completed this afternoon:

All I did was take a tea towel (found here) and place it over the sewing machine.  I printed a paper template of my design and used the paper template to determine where I want to put the design on the towel to be visually appealing.  Complete the stitching and finish it out how you like.  Here's some helpful hints for you:

If you wish you can alternatively use a plain tea towel which can be found here.

Comments (7) -

I just love this idea and will make some this  weekend.

Thanks

Marge

This is a charming idea; thanks for sharing it.

Hugs,

Jacqueline

Love this quick but very pretty idea!

Thank you for sharing.

Very cute idea. Thank you for sharing.

I do the same thing for my EM, SMs and Serger.

Saves a lot of Swiffer -ing!

Now, I am thinking....drop cloth on the floor to catch snips and pins!   Nah,  my dog "has" to be by my side and he would just think this was for him to sleep on.

Stitch Away!

Embroidery is so timeless! Covers for mechanical items can be more than useful, they can be decorative as well. Keeping dust off of my machine is a no-brainer.

I like the simplicity of this. Make it easy and don't bug me with a 2-week project.

May you be blessed in ways you have not yet imagined.  

Pat