Quick and Easy Sample Book

WoulPageMelodydn't it be great if you could turn your sew-outs into a well-presented sample book? One that you could use to seel from, or just to show off your workmanship? You can!claire

It's easy, inexpensive and quick to use some of your existing stitch-outs that had been relegated to the rag bag for this project. If the stitching looks good on some of the samples, they could be candidates for your sample book. The fabric type isn't important as long as it is clean and unwrinkled. The edges will be covered.

In the examples on this page, the frames used are scrapbook frames. They can be purchased at scrapbook specialty stores or in the scrapbook section of larger craft stores. They come in many shapes, colors and sizes - and you can buy them in assortment packs. There is one that will be suitable for almost any embroidery that you want to show off!

I print descriptions on plain paper or cardstock and then glue the embroidery and frame to the paper. Slip the whole thing inside a high-quality sheet protector punched for a three-hole binder. Make several pages and load them into an appropriate binder that suits your style.

I even made a page with a sample shirt cuff! This is a good way to show your lettering font styles, as well as your showpiece embroideries. They stay clean, and it's a portable way to show people yor best work. Keep a sample book in your car - you never know when you might need it.

cuff

duck

Comments (1) -

Great idea!  I've had friends ask what I've been stitching lately and if already given as gifts I don't have examples to show.  Also would be quick reference so you would know how a certain size looks on samples such as sleeves.   I think I'll call it my "Brag Book".

Thanks for helping us home stitcher's learn the tricks of the trade.  

sandy venezia