New Holiday Designs from African Folklore Embroidery

Exciting New Holiday Designs from African Folklore Embroidery

We have several new designs just in time for the Holidays. Some of these include the new Hanukkah designs (this year Hanukkah starts December 1st.) Two special designs that celebrate this holiday include the Hanukah Menorah; it is customary to light a candle on the menorah for eight days. The second kit design is the Hanukkah Dreidel. The tradition on Hanukkah is for children to play games spinning dreidels.  The kits come packaged with easy to follow instructions and you get to choose or use which ever threads you would like.  We have an amazing selection of hand-dyed and variegated African threads, which can be viewed at www.aflembroidery.com. While chain stitch is the dominant stitch, you can also use other stitches and embellishments such as beading to complete your design.  Completed kit designs can be made into Holiday cards, framed or made into the center of a quilt.  Kits are also great to give as gifts for adults and children eight years and older.

You are going to love our new Christmas tree designs. Which includes four Christmas trees. These can be stitched and embellished and can also be cut into four areas and each tree made into a Christmas card. One of my students did this and the results were magnificent- you would want to be on her Holiday card list this year.

For those in search of warmth from the cold weather and happen to be in Palm Springs, CA over the Thanksgiving weekend, you can feast your eyes on the winners of the $500 African Folklore Embroidery Challenge.  The exhibition will be on display at MONICA’S QUILT & BEAD CREATIONS, 77780 Country Club Dr, Palm Desert, CA 92211-6254,  (760) 772-2400 Winners include Madeline Reyes, Judy Dymond and Carol Cunningham Hutte.  There will be a trunk show of our kits, threads and books during this time. Monica’s has an amazing selection of fabric and beads and her store is like Disneyland for the quilter.

In total there are 22 new African Folklore Embroidery kit designs, which we have just been released for the holidays. We invite you to view these designs online at www.aflembroidery.com as a special holiday gift, I am giving you $10.00 off when you purchase $50.00 or more online. If you would like a catalog with all the designs and threads, email info@aflembroidery.com -subject catalog. Oh and if you want to give someone a great gift for the Holidays, a signed copy of my book, Safari through African Folklore Embroidery is on sale for $19.00.  The book and many of the kits can be purchased here at AnnTheGran as well.  Complete Kits and the holiday special are also available on AnnTheGran.

Two of my favorite new designs are the SNAIL and The Under The Sea Kits.  There is something magical about the shell of a snail. Have you ever looked closely to see all the different shades of brown, the lines and shapes. So intricate and delicate, yet for the snail it is home. 

WASHINGTON STATE JAN 2011- Safari through African Folklore Embroidery

I will be in Washington State - Jan 13, 14th & 15th   2011 teaching and lecturing on African Folklore Embroidery for the Clark County quilt guilds.

9019 NE 86th Street, Vancouver, WA Details and registration cwspalding@aol.com or ccquilters@yahoo.com

NEW COMPETITION – WIN $500 cash in the 2011 African Folklore Embroidery challenge at the International Quilt Show in Long Beach. So start stitching and finishing your pieces. Deadline June 30th 2011.

For a list of upcoming lectures/ workshops for 2011 and 2012 or to schedule a program for your guild, contact, Leora Raikin, info@aflembroidery.com or (818) 999-6094 

Comments (1) -

I was able to see your designs in person recently and I must say that the photos do not do them justice.

Just like a fine piece of art, these are beautiful.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer