May 21, 2010
Not rated yet
May, June and July seem to be big months this year for babies. Our daughter and most of her friends all have babies due within weeks of each other. One friend is having her first though and the rest are really excited for her. They are throwing a big "couples" shower for her this weekend. Andrea and Brook have spent hours and hours working on this event so I hope the wind dies down and the weather is nice on Saturday.
Andrea always makes something herself as part of the gift to her friends. So she bought several nursery items in the zoo theme that Amy picked. Then she decided to dress up some burp pads to match. Amy is having the only boy of the bunch and since I am always getting requests for boy projects I had to post this one even if it is so simple you might laugh.
Here are Andrea's Themed Baby Burpies
What you need for each one:
What you do:
1. Cut the strip 1" longer than the length of the diaper.
2. Measure the width of the center padded area of the diaper and cut the strip width 1"wider.
3. Position a printed template of your design on the strip and pin in place. (Many software programs such as Catalog Xpress and Alphabet Xpress will let you do this.)
4. Hoop the stabilizer and center the design template in the hoop. Use a little temporary spray adhesive and a couple of pins if necessary to secure the strip in the hoop. (You can use Magna hoop too if you have one.)
5. Slip the hoop in place and make sure your design is positioned as you like. Remove the printed template. Embroider the design. Remove from the hoop and cut most of the stabilizer away.
6. Fold the ends under 1/2" and press. Fold the sides under 1/2 " and press. Pin the strip in place over the center padded area of the diaper. Sew all the way around about 1/8" - 1/4" from edge.
That's it. Burp pads that match the theme of the nursery but are unique as well. And even the beginner can make these. It could really be fun to match them to these Emboridered Infant Ts.
I have another cute burp pad project coming later but our baby will be another girl and lady bugs and flowers are the theme of the day. If you do anything exciting and fun be sure to post it in the gallery. I love new ideas and there are lots of babies on the way in our neck of the woods.