Creating a Niche with Embroidery Frames

Hello,

My name is Scott Phillips and I am happy to have you here with us at Scott's Corner.

I have been in the embroidery industry for 20 years and my family has nearly 30 years experience in production embroidery and monogramming.

I believe that being an informed embroiderer on the latest techniques, software and current hot items makes for a successful embroidery business. I enjoy sharing what I have learned over the years with other embroiderers like you.  We decided Scott's Corner was the place to do so.

If you are having an issue with something in particular or just want to say hello, let me know.  I am looking forward to meeting all of you.

Today I am going to talk a little about hooping and the use of frames in your embroidery business.  In today's market it is important to have an edge.  We created a niche in our business by sewing items our competitors are not able to because they don't have the correct frames.  Frames make it possible to sew sleeves, shoes, hat brims, napkin corners and even toilet paper.  Talk about some exciting ideas!  We started sewing names and numbers on athletes' shoes and the kids went crazy.  Today we have a private on-line store for each high school.   We were the first with the ideas, the first with the edge that has made our business the number one embroidery choice.  Most of the high schools in our area come to us for their embroidery and team logo items.  If you are interested in more information regarding frames for you machine, just ask.

Thank you for joining me today and I look forward to sharing lots of ideas and tips with you in the future here in Scott's Corner

Scott Phillips

JS Digitizing

Tri Dimensional Solutions

Comments (8) -

thecomputerist 9/18/2009 4:44:44 PM

I love this idea.  Specialized hooping is a great way to get an inside to more business.

Pat

Only ONE problem....the "specialized hoops" seem to only fit the EXPENSIVE machines.  

quiltsrus08 9/19/2009 7:58:24 AM

WHAT SOFTWARE DO YOU USE IN YOUR BUSINESS?

I HAVE PE DESIGN 6 AND GENERATIONS 1.3

I HAVE TROUBLE COPYING LOGOS FOR EMBROIDERY THAT ARE ALREADY CREATED. SOME PARTS THAT WERE ADDED ARE TOO THICK AND END UP A ZIGZAG WHEN I JUST WANT LINES.

Hi Scott,

Just curiosity,

Im sure over the years you tried and tested many embroidery machines,I live these days in Kuwait and I'm thinkin' of starting a small embroidery business here,do you suggest me investing on  mid range or the industrial large machines(for long terms & investment)

If you prefer to suggest a specific brand my email is :sikiaridi@hotmail.com

Many Thanks Scott

Susana

pressed4time 9/21/2009 1:27:04 AM

Hi Scott ,thanks for the great ideas do you have any pics of the frames you are talking about ?

Many thanks

Warwick

hi there  I always having trouble with my tensions both bobbin and machine , not good at fixing them any hints Steve have  a

hus des 1

queensland Australia

I am doing embroidery on sweater caps on the hem, which is doubled.  What type of stablelizer should be used? I have done single layer of knit on sticky and turned out fine, but I am concerned about the double fabric slipping.

Would appreciate help on this one......thanks

rae982@gmail.com

I have a BPM6 machine and I would like to start a small home business. I have done bath towels, caps, baby blankets,

and a few logs. But I can't seem to get off the ground with

anything.I have made business cards and have handed them out but nothing is happening. can you advise me?

pam