Easter Break to Prepare for Community Circle

Ann in MarchHi, everyone,

The gang here is taking a little break for Easter and using the time to polish off some final preparations for my Community Circle event in Orlando, so I thought I'd just put together a brief note to let you know that I'm still alive and kicking -- well, moving my legs anyway.Tongue Tied

I am very, very excited about seeing some of you in Orlando -- I'm hoping to give you back as much energy and enthusiasm as you give me. I must confess though, that I am a little sad Sad that we still haven't managed to fill up the event. It seems this old gal can't attract the crowds she used to! I guess that's what I get for not showing my face for so long...

But seriously, for those of you who aren't coming, I'd love to know why you aren't. This was our first time organizing this type of event, and there have been a few glitches, but I thought we really put together something special. Eileen Roche and I in the same room as a group of embroiderers? I mean, c'mon; does it get any better? So I'd like to know, if you aren't coming, is it because we made it too expensive, is it too far away, are the dates wrong, were you hoping for different kinds of classes? This is a learning curve for all of us and we want to make sure we're climbing up the curve rather than sliding down. Please use the Comments feature below to tell me why you aren't coming.

And if you've considered coming but still aren't quite sure, let me know what I can do to get you here! We're already giving away TONS of stuff and I've been hitting the treadmill so that I'll have enough energy to keep everyone buzzing, but maybe there's something that my team and I have missed. If there is, and it's something I can reasonably provide, send me a personal e-mail at wow-you-made-that@annthegran.com and I'll see if I can get you to Orlando! If you've just been procrastinating (especially if you live here in Florida!) and you need to register, you can get all the info here. The very latest that you can register for the special dinner event with me and Eileen is March 26. You can be sure it will be a hoot!

Hoping to hear from you either way!

Ann

Comments (5) -

Wish I could come as I need to learn so much, but simply more than I can afford even though I live within 75 miles of Orlando.  Gas and fees just too much.

janethockenberry 3/26/2008 11:40:34 AM

This is my first such meeting to attend.  My family will be vacationing in Orlando.  I am getting excited about being there for the 2 days of learning about new stuff. My knowledge of machine embroidery needs to be broadended.  See you then.    

Janet Hockenberry

I would love to come, but I live in the Midwest.  With airfare as expensive as it is, I just can't justify treating myself.  If you ever bring one to the Midwest, I'll be there!

I'm one of the lucky ones (for a change !)  I am working in Orlando this week so I am already at the hotel.  Worked out well for me.  I'm very excited to learn more about embroidery--especially since I have a little used machine.  See you there!

This is after the fact Smile  The Community Circle was wonderful and well worth the cost!  I learned so much and am very excited!.  I almost didn't come because i was afraid I was too much of novice and I would be a nusiance for Eileen and Ann but they were so good at persenting the material I felt right at home!  I really hope there is a Community Circle 2009 because i will be there!!!!!  As for the cost where could spend 2 days learning from the Master at only $60.00 a day with breakfast and lunch provided!  Thanks to Ann, Eileen, Greg and the rest of the staff for a great 2 days