Notification

Icon
Error

Options
ivarotti  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 11:58:42 PM(UTC)

I have always used the PED Basic with my  Brother HE120 (from HSN I think it is the same machine as the SE350)) with no problem.  I bought a PE700II, used it in that machine, and now I get a message on the HE120 saying "Card cannot be used with this machine".   The designs are appropriate for the smaller  hoop on the HE120 .

How many times can you erase and rewrite one of these cards?  I have done that a good number of times and I'm wondering if that is the contributing to the problem.  The PED Basic still works fine and the card still works in the PE700II.   No matter what I try I get the same message on the HE120 though.

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2008 5:51:23 AM(UTC)

I don't know anything about the HE120.  But, I do have a thought that might help you.

Sometimes the card has been adjusted to the higher size of hoop, believing that you want to use only 5" x 7".  In PED Basic, in the upper left corner is the size adjustment.  Select the smaller size, 4" x 4" and leave it in that mode.  Then select a design that is 4" x 4" and take the card to your HE machine and see if that works.

That did happen to me once, and this was my solution.  I hope it helps you.

That PE700II is the best working machine and you will find dependability and great times with it.  I am writing some courses and one is for the PE700II (but applicable to many other machines).  Do you think there might be some interest in that?

Come to the blogs and forums often for a lot of good information from a lot of caring people.

Pat

ivarotti  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:32:10 AM(UTC)

That is exactly what happened.  I went in and changed it back to 4X4 and it is fine now.  Thanks! 

ivarotti  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:43:52 AM(UTC)

I would love to see anything that would help me learn more about the PE700II.   I have learned so much from this site, but there is so much more to learn.  I have only been at this for about 6 months and I still learn something almost every time I sit down to the machine whether it is about machine embroidery or the machine itself.  What a great hobby! I am totally hooked.

kraftycat  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 5, 2008 2:10:13 PM(UTC)

It is a lot of fun, isn't it?  I was instantly hooked as well.  But there sure is a learning curve, and also everyone has different ways of doing things.  So, once you find how things work best for you, it'll ve easier.

pat71896  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 6, 2008 9:55:28 AM(UTC)

As Kraftycat says, this is one well loved and addicting craft.  There are lots of us hooked and loving every minute of it!

Being at this for 6 months makes you a knowledgeable person, especially if you are reading a lot.  The AnnTheGran site is one of the most helpful and caring sites and you will find many people who enjoy sharing their experiences with you.  ATG is the premiere site, IMHO!

The PE700II is about the most easy to learn machines on the market today.  Many others, more costly especially, have lots of more features, but the PE700II is the workhorse you will love. 

I have been machine embroidering (ME) for 8 years, and I learn something every time I sit down to the machine too!  Most all of us do.  Each project is unique for a thousand reasons.  When you understand those principles, it becomes easier to try new things and spread your wings.  For instance, I had been doing some linen napkins (a really WOW project) for my sales site (in my profile) and I was using water soluble stablizers (ATG has one of my favorites - it is adhesive) and after doing 6 napkins, I realized it would be less work to use a "heat-away" type stabilizer.   The difference would have meant that I did not have to wash and iron the napkins.  I would only have to 'press' them. 

Enjoy your new hobby, ask lots of questions, and frankly, soon you will be able to answer questions too!

I saw in your profile you are a retired floral designer.  You can tell us some of your hints and secrets, if that is OK!  I would love to know how to arrange a nice group of flowers and/or plants.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer