Notification

Icon
Error

Options
lynnec  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:27:57 AM(UTC)

I just  bought a PE 700 from a private pary.  it is still new in the box.  She bought it from Ann the Gran.  :) Problem is it wont Emb.  I keep getting an error message that says Security device is activated.  The book says that this is because the thread is tangled around the bobbin but it has never got to the bobbin and is not.  I have changed the bobbin, the needle.  started over from scratch and nothting helps.  Anyone have an idea?

borden47  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:10:19 PM(UTC)

Hi Lynne,

I don't have this particular model of Brother so I am not sure of the error message you are receiving.

You might take a flashlight and if you can, look beyond the bobbin casing to be sure no "nest" is there.  Not sure if previous owner used or not.  Plus take the flashlight and check into the thread pathway from the thread spool down to be sure no stray threads in there.

If this has no bearing and completely useless information Stick out tongue contact Brother.com.  They have a troubleshooting guide on their machines (FAQ) and if problem is not listed, contact their Customer Support Group.  They will walk you through it.

Good Luck. 

Joan

knally  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 1:27:08 AM(UTC)

Hi - I had a similar problem -

Check that the little casing that houses the bobbin is seated properly - there is a diagram in the book.

To see you have to remove the embroidery carriage, slide out the panel over the bobbin.

Hope this helps!

PK x

lonestarkayaker  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:49:14 AM(UTC)

Hi Lynne,

Last night when I was embroidering, I got the error message "  the safety device has been activitated."  Seems that I had forgotten to take not one but two threads from inside the machine after cutting them when changing colors. They had become wound around each other and looked like a buttonhole thread.  I could see them in the thread take up lever  check window. I eventually got them out with a hook I use for loom knitting. 

Barbara