Notification

Icon
Error

Options
gladysbu55  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 11:04:31 PM(UTC)

Hidiho everyone,

I just came off of a 3 day very bad Migraine, 1st one I ever had in 25 years.  I just got my Brother PE-700II machine and I started to read the pamlets and now I'm confused already.   The Pamplet on the usb port and upgrades.  When you get the new machine, do you have to go to the Brothers and download there fonts etc.  I thought all that was already in the machine ? Also talked about upgrading for the machine.  How often do you do this ? I'm alreading guessing I am going to just keep reading, reading, reading.....  I thought I could follow the instructions on setting up the machine, learning to thread machine, etc. and start to practice.  I usually take instruction well, just point me in the right direction.  Thank you.......

Sue the confused !!!!

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 4:08:36 AM(UTC)

I am sorry for your headache.  I have had them myself and fortunately they have been few and far between.  Aside from being in a dark room, I never knew anything else that would help.  Best wishes for healthier times! 

Your PE-700II is going to light up a craft person inside you that will create beautiful things that will become keepsakes.  You will love it when you have some practice under your belt.   There are two places I recommend that you read:

1. Beginners Information here on the forum.  I also recommend that, assuming you have some basic materials, do a project as soon as you feel comfortable. 
  2. What I wish I had known when I started is a blog that created to show where and how to get some basic items and tools.

Ask lots of questions in the forum, read the exceptional blogs here at ATG, and enjoy your new hobby. 

Consider yourself pointed, and I look forward to seeing your very first project.  Share a photo of it with us.  We have all been there and want to encourage you.

Pat 

borden47  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 8:01:40 AM(UTC)

Hello Sue the Confused!

I am on my second day of a migraine so maybe this will be a case of the blind leading the blind.

Don't get down and dirty with your Brother manual until your migraine has disappeared!  Though the Brother manual is an easy read, it would be confusing when you are not feeling well.

The USB ports will handle a USB Flash Drive.  A USB Flash Drive can contain the designs you wish to embroider at the moment.  Your model may also have other features for the USB Port; I am not familiar with this model.  Fonts are already in your machine.  Probably not a great number of them.  Mine has like (6) different styles.  However, if you wish to expand, Brother offers separate Design Cards.  You can also download from the ATG site.  ATG also offers the Alphabet Xpress, which I own and am extremely impressed by its functions.  Brother may have upgrades to your machine in the future.  I would imagine that once you register your Model Serial No., Brother would alert you to any and all that may come up.  Brother.com would be the official site if you wish to check on that yourself from time to time.

Like anything else new, "baby steps".  Learn to thread the machine, then the bobbin, etc.  Once you feel comfortable, hit the manual again.  Above all else, have fun.

Joan

pat71896  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 6:20:13 AM(UTC)

See, Joan wants to help you too!  You are so going to be unconfused, you will be training others.

Do what makes you feel comfortable, but I encourage you to keep pushing the envelop toward your education in machine embroidery (ME). 

Pat