Notification

Icon
Error

Options
nanamoms  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2008 5:24:48 PM(UTC)

I have had my PED Basic for about 2 years.  From time to time I find that it will not start when I click on the desktop icon.  Now it will not start from the destop icon nor from Program Files/Brother.  I get a message that says" Not Responding"!  Before, I've uninstalled and reinstalled it but that is such a headache, especially since my CD is Ver 1.0 and I have installed the update to 1.7.  Does anyone else have this issue?  I would like to "fix" the problem rather than reinstalling every time it refuses to load.  I've email Brother but it takes a while to get an answer and then sometimes the answer doesn't really solve the problem.  BTW, I run Windows XP.

I've been using the 270D and just purchased the 700II (still learning the ins and outs of this one).  So glad I found the 700II Forum!! 

Carolyn in MS

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 7:00:55 AM(UTC)

I wish I had an answer for you. 

Let us know if you solve the problem.  We all can benefit from your journey.

Pat

borden47  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 1:58:21 AM(UTC)

Carolyn,

I also have PED-Basic, Version 1.0.  I hardly utilize it any longer as I purchased another Brother machine and went with PE-Design, Version 6.0.

I can still open my PED-Basic from my desktop icon with no problem.  However, I never updated to Version 1.7.  That may be your problem.  Since your CD is Version 1.0 and you are re-installing due to difficulties - what are you doing with the update?   Possibly if you removed the Version 1.7 from your computer programs and re-install your Version 1.0, this may bring you back to Square One.

Your best bet is a representative from Brother as you have done.  When you get a resolve to this, would you come back on the forum and describe what happened.  There are a lot of Brother users out there.  Thanks.

Joan

nanamoms  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 9:13:18 AM(UTC)

Here is the solution that Brother emailed:

Uninstall PED Basic and any updates.

Clean out Recycle Bin

Unplug USB reader/writer

Restart Computer

Once system is back up, go to www,Brother-usa.com and download Version 1.07

Follow download procedures; making sure Anti Virus is disabled while downloading.

After download go to folder you saved it to and install it.

Once installed, plug in card reader/writer

Hardware Wizard should pop up.

Browse to folder you saved 1.07 to and click OK

If this doesn't work, call Brother Operational Support Customer Service Rep at 1-877-BROTHER.

For some reason, my PED Basic started uploading again so I haven't tinkered with it but at least I have these instructions in my file.

Carolyn in MS