Notification

Icon
Error

Options
aaseirene  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 10:48:30 AM(UTC)

Hi I am from Australia . I have a question to all you brother users. I had a brother Disney before  used it proberly for about a 100 hours over 2 years burnt out the computer part . I have now got a new Brother 700E , been told by the shop owner where i bought it from that I should not use it for more than one hour a day, as they wre not meant for a lot of work. I have been doing 5 designs a day with stops in between each pattern. Tryed to contact Brothers not very help full at all.

Looking for ward to read others experience with the machine.  I do not fancy burning out the computer part again because usesing it too much.

IreneSmile

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2008 8:00:43 AM(UTC)

I had an Brother 180D which the shop said to me was 'not meant for heavy use.'  I did not purchase that machine from them and they were working toward selling me a bigger machine.

I have not heard about limiting use specifically as you have described.  Parts can and do become worn out or burned out.  I had a camera, that I had used regularly, for exactly 2 years when the 'viewer' failed, so one cannot deny that they could eventually be pieces of junk.

Perhaps someone else has something to contribute.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

maustu  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 4:57:14 PM(UTC)

Hi I am slao from Australia and I have a Brother 700e I have used mine for 3 and 4 hours at a time and have not had any problems with burnout and I know of a few other ladies here that have the same machine and have not had any trouble.

pattiann  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 2:22:29 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi, Irene.

I find it hard to believe that any manufacture of a home embroidery machine would put such a limit on their product. 

Some single embroidery designs take almost an hour to stitch out. 

100 hours over a two year period doesn't seem too much if the hours were more or less evenly distributed over that period of time. That would be less than one hour a week.

Are you doing the stitching as a business where you stitch many designs every day?

Using this machine for business instead of pleasure may affect the warranty.

Check for warranty information.

Best wishes for many, many successful projects.

Pattiann

aaseirene  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:02:43 PM(UTC)

Hi Thank you for your reply. I had only had the machine for 6 weeks new, and it was the shop owner that told me they were only ment for a short time use. what I thougth was silly . She did send the machine to brother service , took 3 weeks and it came back better than it was when i got it. But mislaid my hoop so I had to borrow one from the shop to they can get another in for me that was 3 weeks ago still waiting so I hav ehad a bit of fun with this machine , I made a blanket for my little grandson. and only had a week to finish it in so used it for 3 to 4 hours a day. as I put animals around the edge of his blanket, lok god.

i enjoy reading about what you all are doing and get some good tips. I live in a small wheatbelt town so no help here. The service guy is nearly 400km. away.

irene

pat71896  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 2:14:41 AM(UTC)

Irene-I hope you are doing a lot of reading here!  ATG has the finest information and people on the Internet.

Show us a photo of that blanket!  When you reply, select the film strip on the menu bar (next to happy face).  Follow the directions to upload a photo so we can see it.

Pat