Notification

Icon
Error

Options
cnp119  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2008 4:27:35 AM(UTC)

My card won't read when I put it in the machine it says to insert embroidery card. I don't get it. I habe the Brother 700II. Driving my nuts.

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:49:19 AM(UTC)

Are you sure it is the correct card? 

There are some other cards that will work, but this is the one that you probably should be using. 

You may need to get in touch with your dealer for information.  I am not able to help you from here, sorry.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

borden47  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:26:36 AM(UTC)

Hello.

Are you putting the card all the way in until it clicks? 

Joan/NJ

cnp119  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:31:41 AM(UTC)

It doesn't seem to "click" even if I push pretty hard. It does click in the PED thing I put into my computer.

pat71896  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:43:43 AM(UTC)

It could be that you have a bad disk.  Go to where you purchased it and try it in one of their machines.  That should prove that it is the card or not.  If it does not work, they should give you a new one. 

I would think the dealer could get a refund from their resource. 

Sometimes things just get through quality control and seem to work, but don't

borden47  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:59:59 AM(UTC)

Hopefully, you have PED-Basic and not the PE-Design.  Two different ones.  As Pat stated, you may have to return to store where you purchased and have them try on your type of machine.  I would bring both pieces to them...the card and the reader.

Good Luck and don't get discouraged.  Once it is all ironed out, you will have a good time embroidering.

Joan/NJ

pattiann  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:29:22 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

PED Basic is a reader/writer unit and PE Design is editing software and not even close to being the same thing - http://www.brother-usa.c...oftware/digsoftware.aspx

cnp119  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 12:01:10 AM(UTC)

My sister got it "click" in the machine. It says it is the wrong card. Brother tells me that I probably saved a design too big for the machine. I will try to reduce the design in the window and resave on the cArd. Thanks for all your suggestions.

pat71896  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:49:50 AM(UTC)

This solution brings to mind something that I have observed with embroidery software.

When a programmer writes a program, they normally have a pretty good idea of what is expected of the software.  In the case of embroidery, it is not very likely that a programmer understands embroidery issues.  It could happen, but I think that these programmers don't have all the 'right words.'

In this case, it is possible that a "catch-all phrase" saying "wrong card" acts as an error message when actually the problem is that the design is too large or the wrong format.

That is my two cents. . . .