Notification

Icon
Error

Options
skbevans  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:01:11 AM(UTC)

I just received my new Brother pe700ll two days ago.  I'm muddling my way through by studying the info, reading on line and just plaing trying to figure a few things out for myself...I had read that it is cannot be done....using Vista to transfer designs from the internet  I called Brother and they said yes...the person didn't know what they were talking about.  Make me the second person.

Question:  Is there a software program i can install on my PC to convert anything I download from the internet AND use the disks I purchased when i purchased the machine?    I thought getting the larger loom was the be all end all...but, I'm now figuring out that I do need a smaler one...for little girls panties, etc.  I did receive a sock hoop and a cap hoop. 

I'm also having a heck of a time with my thread.  I bought the 61 new threads offered by Brother but it won't keep from wrapping around the "stick" for the thread that uses the cork on the end.

Any basic information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2008 6:38:03 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

The thread problem is most likely due to the thread unwinding too fast. 

I am not familiar with Brother thread, but if it is cross wound, the spool should be on a vertical spool pin.  If the 700 does not have a vertical spool pin, or if it does and the thread still "puddles or twists", thread socks may help - this is what they look like http://www.allthreads.com/ThreadNet.aspx

If you want to convert design formats to pes, you can use Pulse Ambassador.  It is a free download.  http://www.pulsemicro.co...p/tdgmlbp_ambassador.htm

Getting the downloaded designs to the EM from the PC can be done with the Port B Cable that connects the PC to the EM.  If you do not have this feature, then a reader-writer unit and memory card will be needed.