Notification

Icon
Error

Options
pat71896  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2008 1:38:57 AM(UTC)

This area is for posting any questions, comments, input or answers for a PE700 Brother Embroidery Machine Instructions.

The specific instructions will be in PE700 Instruction Area and I will try to keep that area JUST for the tutorials.  That way, you should be able to find anything you still want to review without other issues.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

lonestarkayaker  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 4:07:44 AM(UTC)

STITCH COUNTER

I know that this displays the service count and total number of embroidery stitches  as noted in the manual. What exactly is the service count number and at what specific number on the stitch counter do you take your machine in for service.

poshpalmetto  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2009 11:12:49 PM(UTC)

Hello!  I am a newbie at machine embroidery and love my new PE700II.  I have a question (and am sure I will have more which is why I am sooooo excited to have found this forum!) ... I have just monogrammed an 80% cotton and 20% polyester bib.  I used Isacord thread and the Monogram Wizard font Blackboard in the 1.5 inch size.  The letters look great but are not completely filled in.  I hate to go back over it a second time for fear that the lines will not match up completely.  Is there a way to make the letters "thicker"?  Should I be adjusting something on the machine or is there something I should be adjusting in Monogram Wizard??  Also, what I like about Monogram Wizard is that I can assemble words together with the fonts.  I have purchased fonts online also, is there something I can do to assemble letters when I am not using MW software?  Or do I have to do the letters one by one on the machine and line them up?  I hope you understand my questions.... I can send pictures if that helps.  Any help would be great!!

pattiann  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2009 12:24:53 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi, Posh.

I do not think it is the fabric content, if it were terry, I would first think - "topper" to hold down the texture of the fabric.

Are you using cut away stabilizer?

Reducing the size of the letters in increments may help condense the stitching - test each increment with scraps of a similar fabric texture.

Hope this helps.

Pattiann

poshpalmetto  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2009 2:51:17 AM(UTC)

Thanks Pattiann!  

I use a sticky stabilizer, but I will change to a water soluble stabilizer on top- Thanks so much for your advice! 

Do you know if Embird will let me use the fonts I have purchased online and put them together in words to be transferred over to my machine like I do in Monogram Wizard?  If not, do you have a suggestion of a different program that will let me do this?

Thanks again for your help!

Sonya

poshpalmetto

pat71896  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2009 3:26:47 AM(UTC)

Fonts have many facets!!!  That being said, try this next time if you are using the fonts from the machine -

• select your lettering.  I recommend that you try using the smallest lettering because it can be adjusted upward later in the process
  • while still in the lettering, select the icon on the right with the scissors, it represents adjusting the stitching
  • use the % button, and if you want it more dense, press the + sign.  It will add up to approximately 20% more stitches in the same area.

Do 'discovery sew' a lot!  You need to play with your new craft to learn how your machine acts and reacts to different things.  Even among the same models, there can be differences. 

Read, ask questions, and then play.  Machine embroidery is creative and lots of fun.  I do have a forum posting for a newbie to do a first or nearly first project.  Find it here.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

poshpalmetto  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2009 3:30:11 AM(UTC)

Thank you Pat!

I will definently take your advice and "discover sew" and check out your newbie project forum!

Sonya

pattiann  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2009 7:06:19 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

[quote user="posh palmetto"]

Thanks Pattiann!  

I use a sticky stabilizer, but I will change to a water soluble stabilizer on top- Thanks so much for your advice! 

Do you know if Embird will let me use the fonts I have purchased online and put them together in words to be transferred over to my machine like I do in Monogram Wizard?  If not, do you have a suggestion of a different program that will let me do this?

Thanks again for your help!

Sonya

posh palmetto

I do not use Embird, but you can download a free trial - click on links at the bottom right of the ATG screen and then click on Secrets of Embroidery.