Notification

Icon
Error

Options
katiedavis  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 11:43:17 AM(UTC)

Downloads from AnntheGran are high quality and embroider beautifully!  Also, stabilizers at half-price with a subscription is a GREAT DEAL!!!  I highly recommend this website and will be doing business with them again!

lynelle2sew  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 2:33:55 PM(UTC)

Bought some cross-stitch designs via download.  Am very happy with them

gillianhepworth  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 6:31:35 PM(UTC)

Yes I have been downloading from Ann the Gran for several Years now. Every download has been 1st class. I hope to be a long lasting customer. Thank you  Ann The Gran.

vickidesign  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 6:48:41 PM(UTC)

Your site is great and it is easy to do on line downloading of embroidery designs. Thank you.

newlywedmartha  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 4:05:49 AM(UTC)

My favorite site to search for quality designs is Ann The Gran hands down!  I have made many  gifts with designs from this site embroidered on them.   I have joined Ann's Club and enjoy the discounts available with membership as well as the monthly sayings.  This site is just what one needs to support our embroidery hobby!

pat71896  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 11:35:42 AM(UTC)

I love to talk embroidery, duh!  When I was thinking that I wished I could talk with lots of embroiers and perhaps have my experiences shared, there were no blogs (at that time)  on the ME sites.  I tried a blog on my own and could never get it to have much of an interest or viewings.  I was discouraged.

Then I saw Ann's updated site and I was hooked!  I could not wait to try to do a blog.  I submitted my ideas for a blog and I was asked to 'give it a try.'  Greg did not know what he was in for!  I was so excited to start that I could not sleep for 3 days!  (This is a true story!)  Well, I have 3 months of blogs completed and I love it!  I am no expert, I am just someone who loves ME and sharing what I know. 

I am putting this information (below) so everyone can see what blogging is about.  People do ask me about blogging, so read this and get your information to Greg.  He wants to know what you would like to discuss and you could be next!

I began a Blog here as The Avid Embroiderer.  I love to talk embroidery and could do so 24/7.  I discovered that I can do what I love and still have time for sleeping and living and those silly things that get in the way of ME. 

People ask me all the time about blogging, so I am going to anwser it here.  Blogging is like talking with a friend about a new project.  For instance, I think about what I have already done and write about that for some blogs.  I describe how I worked through the process and what I learned.

Then there is doing something new.  ME enthusiasts always want to try something new and I am no exception.  So, for my most recent blog, I did a Cutwork Napkin.  I have to say that I am glad I had a blog so I could share my enthusiasm about that project.  So, I start my project and take lots of photos.  As I go along, I keep stopping to be sure photos are available, and reasonably good - that is the hard part!  When my project is complete, I look over my photos and just write about what I was doing. 

So, I already wanted to do the project, so nothing different there.  Then I take photos, that is the only different thing I have to do.  Then I write about the photos.  Then I have a blog!  It really is that easy. 

If you have a craft, and it does not have to be embroidery, you could do a blog too.  If you check the top of the blog page, it says how to have your ideas considered.  In fact, I would love to hear more about gardening and flowers and photography and - -  well, lots of things that are of general interest.

Consider blogging, it is one great way to meet and make friends!

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

janice1951  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2008 1:19:46 AM(UTC)

I am a first time customer and I found that signing up for membership was easy, downloads are fast, and I love the website!

jalcumbrack  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2008 8:30:41 AM(UTC)

I agree Pat! If not for cooking,cleaning and doing the laundry I would likely be either at the computer or the machine!Big SmileBig Smile We all know I don't sleep,ha! I too, love the blogging world. It is a wonderful way to exchange information in a relaxed atmosphere. It's like talking to 220,000 of your closest friends!

I love ME,I love sewing, and I love discussing them both! I love blogging about doing those two things! I love doing them both. I was lucky enough to have jobs that involved my first loves! With every new blog brings me more excitement of doing a new project,or even finishing one I have been working on. I am very excited over all the new blogs! I am learning so much and it is a glorious feeling!(Almost as good as when I got my machine,but not quite!)

The only difference is I have my own personal photographer! How ever I am the design editor and have final say over all photos! ( wow, that makes me feel important!!) Husbands are good for something!  Wink

Pat is so right,if you know your stuff,lets hear it and start blogging! I personally would like one on digitizing,from start to finish! I am determined to learn this! I would so love to take my art and convert it to embroidery! It is a great way to make new friends,I am living proof to that one,with the CFMEG!

Lets get out there and start blogging!Big Smile

pat71896  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:03:29 AM(UTC)

I do agree!  I am a blog contributor and find that ATG has quality products and excellent blogs!  (Well, of course I would say that...)

There are also blogs for sewing (Stitchin ShortcutsSmile), cross stitching (Cross StitchingCool) and Quilting (LaRue SewsBig Smile).  AnnTheGranGeeked does a fun blog too, and hers is on subjects from travel to digitizing.

I look forward to seeing some of your projects in the "Media" area or right here in the Forum.  We love to see projects!!

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer