Notification

Icon
Error

Options
lespaulsmom  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2008 8:52:34 AM(UTC)

Hi all

I have the Ped basic and I am having trouble opening a file after it is downloaded,from ann the gran.
The  file is being openedbyaol instead of ped basic, I have done this before but forgot how, how do I change which program opens my files. The reason I am having trouble now is am I using a different computer

Thanks

Lespaulsmom

borden47  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:30:47 AM(UTC)

Hello.

When bringing over a design to PED Basic:

Download

Click on Save

Go to top where "Save In" appears.  Browse/scroll to find your PED Basic file

Click to save to your PED Basic file.  Your design will be saved in this area.  My PED Basic and PED Design files are placed under Brother.  Brother is listed under Program Files.  Propgram Files are listed under C: file.

Hope this helps.

Joan/NJ

lself1  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2008 11:07:55 PM(UTC)

OR, right click on the design file then on the pop -up menu click "open with" and browse to the program you want to open the file with.  Click that program and then click ok.

Linda

pat71896  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:52:20 AM(UTC)

Joan and Linda have excellent answers.  Linda is correct, that "right click" and "open with" are the keys.  Make sure you check the box that says "always use this program for this extension."  (I am not sure of the exact wording.)

BTW, that right click is one of those interesting places that not all computer users take advantage of.  For instance, the right click is "content sensitive."  That means that what you see in the right click in a word document will be different than what you see in a email document.  Some issues are the same, but there is a treasure trove of items you can get to from the "right click." 

Pat