Notification

Icon
Error

Options
bamabrit  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:11:09 AM(UTC)

I have a Bernina Artista that I have a problem with. The"warning" keeps stopping the machine and telling me to check that  the Bobbin has not run out of thread or there is lint in the bobbin area. I have used a brush, a Q-tip and a mini Vac to clean the area out and it still keeps doing "it's thing". Does anyone out there have the same problem and if so have you found a solution for it? When I tried calling my dealer he told me to do all the things that I had already done so it was no help. I hate to have to drive 50 miles to go see him as I don't drive much any more. HELP!!!!!!!

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2008 12:18:36 PM(UTC)

I don't have that machine, I have a Brother and a BabyLock.  However, I experienced the same problems with an earlier Brother that I no longer have.

I ended up replacing the bobbin case.  Frankly, I absolutely could not see any difference between the old and new bobbin case and believe me, I looked.   So, before you put the new one in your machine, mark the old one so you can tell them apart. 

When was the last time you had the machine serviced?  It really does take a trained technician with the right tools and knowledge to make sure the machine is working properly.  After all, if you got bounced around with all that needle and hoop movement, you might need adjustment too...LOL!

Pat

dru53130  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:49:20 PM(UTC)

Hi there!  I have that same machine.  It will give that message for several reasons.

If your bobbin compartment door is not shut completely, the eye that looks at the thread in the bobbin will not see the thread.

If you have an obscure fuzzy, thread, or dust on the inside of the door or on the casing of the bobbin it will not see the thread.

If you have accidentally inserted the bobbin of another machine it will not see the thread.  I know that sounds stupid, but I have a Bernina 185 and a Bernina 200, and mine kept giving me that message because I had the 185 bobbin in the 200 machine. 

If you've tried everything and it still beeps, it might be time for the Bernina technition. 

Hope this helps, and best of luck to ya.

Dru

barbara65  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:18:19 PM(UTC)

There is a yahoo group called BerninaArtista200e that has a ton of information.  Lots has been posted about this problem.  For myself several times there was a little lint I could not find...clean out the area under the throat plate as well. Look at it with a magnifying glass.

I have found that it will continue to sew just fine (except for stopping every 15 seconds) but there is also a place in settings where you can turn it off.  A bit risky but for some people that is the best way to solve this annoying problem.  

For some, the update that added the flash drive fixed it.  (Or maybe the tech just turned it off!)

dru53130  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 2:40:43 AM(UTC)

Barbara is right in that you can just leave the message on the screen and push the button to continue sewing.  There are two problems with this...the message will obscure your screen, and if you run out of bobbin thread, the machine won't "know" it and keep on sewing.  In a pinch I do what Barbara is suggesting, but it's not a permanent solution.

amazingme  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 19, 2008 5:23:29 AM(UTC)

Take a clean q-tip and wipe the eye inside the cover to the bobbin case.  There might be some oil or dust on it causing it to think something is wrong....

tarajane  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 19, 2008 11:40:32 AM(UTC)

I have this machine and had the same problem, some bobbins seemed to be fine, others played up and like yours. I always kept it clean. Ended up having the sensor light replaced and its been fine since.

bamabrit  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 20, 2008 3:43:44 AM(UTC)

Thanks for all the info. I have about decided to take the machine in to the dealer as I am not very "up to date" with all the functions. I bought the machine about 3 years ago when I retired with the intention of going to the free classes and really learning all the details on this machine. Unfortunately I have been ill ever since and between all the coming and going to Drs and such and my family being nervous about me travelling far alone I never got to attend the classes. I have figured out the basics"I think" but not the nitty gritty.  Thanks to everyone who responded. Shirley.  

quiltembwrite  
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 4:17:41 PM(UTC)

Hello Shirley from a UK Shirley

This is a big problem with Bernina 200, the only thing you can do is turn off the bobbin  sensor and all your problems will dissapear, trust me I have been through all of this with Bernina themelves and that bobbin sensor should not have been put ont he machine in the first place, if you turn off the sensor the machine will come good.

quiltembwrite

gingersnap1932  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2010 12:25:48 PM(UTC)

I too have a 200E and the dealer was unable to solve the problem, so we just turned the sensor off! works fine, just have to check once in awhile for the bobbin.

annajeang  
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 26, 2010 10:58:07 PM(UTC)

How do you turn off the sensor on this machine?

quiltembwrite  
#12 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 12:19:39 AM(UTC)

Hello annajeang

Press lower right hand function button.

On screen, select messages window.

Select audio settings.

Select next page.

Select lower thread control to off.

That should do it, the sensor is useless anyway.

Good Luck. Shirley (quiltembwrite)