Notification

Icon
Error

Options
nancylcm  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 25, 2008 10:34:35 PM(UTC)

For Mother's Day 2007 my gift of the White 4400 came to me, with no instructions outside of a very skimpy book that tells you absolutely nothing about the process of embroidering. It doesn't even tell you what type of bobbin, what thread is best to use, brand or rewinding of the three that they provide to you.  Nothing helpful on threading, which is supposed to be self threading in the needle.... what a farce? I got so frustrated with this thing that I put it away for several months and went back to use my 20 year old 1475 CD Pfaff Smileto embroider with. When I went back to JoAnn's Fabric store they told me that no one in the store knew how to use the thing and it was best to call the company. When I called Viking, they acted as if I had a disease or something. I tried emailing and the customer service rep told me to go back to the store where it was purchased. It was a total "Catch 22" and still no answers.   After many times of failure, I went back to my dear friend the repairman Isaac. He told me to use pre-wound bobbins, try threading the needle myself, and use my Pfaff book for any additional trouble solving issues. I am now happy to say that with his words of wisdom, phone number on speed dial, and the well worn pages of my P-book we are underway to embroidering nicely; however not very often, maybe once in three months. My advise to starter embroiders is don't get a White 4400 as your first machine, something simple like a Brother PE something has great support and REAL LIVE people to talk to. Nancy  

borden47  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 1:42:06 AM(UTC)

Hi Nancy.

Your White 4400 was suppose to have an instructional CD.  Maybe by going online to WhiteSewing.com, you can work with their customer service and support area in order to receive a CD.

Good Luck.

Joan/NJ