Notification

Icon
Error

Options
ladenaclark  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 12:53:45 AM(UTC)

I was wondering who was the winner of the tote bag contest. Thanks

beamishboy  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 5:08:08 AM(UTC)

So were we! We couldn't decide, so we are sending out a questionnaire tomorrow to all Ann's Club members that will allow them to vote for the winner. We should have the results up by Friday. Yours is definitely a strong candidate!

jalcumbrack  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2008 5:16:29 AM(UTC)

Geeked         OK It's Friday..............Don't keep us waiting any longer.LOL the suspense is killing us!

Who won?

beamishboy  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2008 6:08:14 AM(UTC)

Hi, Judy.

Sorry about this. We actually tallied the votes yesterday (more than 350 votes cast) and contacted the winner, but I can't announce until I've heard back from her (sorry, I've just realized that that tells you at least one person who isn't the winner Sad). I'll post as soon as I hear from her.

BB

jalcumbrack  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2008 6:44:43 AM(UTC)

Big Smile No problem,I never expected to win,was just curious who did.The suspense is killing me LOL! I never win anything so it is never a problem with me,even when we were in Lauhlin,I couldn't even win on the elevators!LOL

Who ever it is congrats to them!Wink

jsewnsew  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2008 4:07:51 AM(UTC)

I thought everyone who attended the Community Circle was given a membership but I did not receive a questionaire for the tote bag contest.  I do get all Ann's regular emails.  Joyce

beamishboy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 20, 2008 1:07:55 AM(UTC)

I am pleased to announce that the winner of our tote bag contest is Sonita Perry, with her memory tote for her daughter. You can view the winning entry at:

http://www.annthegran.com/cs/photos/totebags/picture1171.aspx

Sonita wins the Magna-Hoop, donated by Eileen Roche of Designs in Machine Embroidery magazine. 

Thanks to everyone who posted photos of their finished totes. There really were some special creations.

BB

beamishboy  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 20, 2008 1:23:11 AM(UTC)

Hi, Joyce,

I checked and your Club membership was definitely issued and is active. I did notice that you were not on the mailing list of Club members to whom the survey was sent. The only way I can see for this to happen is that you unsubcribed from receiving e-mail from us to that list (there is a link in every e-mail we send out giving you the option to unsubscribe), or changed your user profile to specify that you did not want to receive our e-mails.

Due to the abundance of spam on the Internet, we have very very strict guidelines about sending out e-mails. If a user unsubscribes (even if it's by accident), we are not allowed to send them any more e-mail from that list unless they re-subscribe.

Do you remember doing anything like this?

BB

travelbug1237  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 21, 2008 10:23:37 AM(UTC)

HH Judy,
I hope this reaches you.
Just a quick note to let you know that I think you ARE a winner....in many ways!!!!

I for one want to thank you personally for being such a positive support as I am so new
to MEing and blogging and you wrote me such supportive comments!!!

As far as the bags go....goodness I loved them all and I ended up NOT voting because I could NOT
pick just one....had I been able to send in a vote for each one I would have, but that wouldn't have
helped the final outcome. Yours was GREAT. ( My bag totally shrunk...too hot of water and dryer I guess, and so I have not even tried to do something with it yet, but I will.
I LOVED your bag!!!!
Thanks again for being such a support to me on Ann's site....(and so helpful.)

I really feel for you with the arthritis that I read about in one of your other comment areas.
( I am pretending I don't have it or carpal tunnel...or old age or......:):):) I think one of the reasons I love ME is that
one can get beautiful and elaborate results with a minimum of effort. ( A long time ago I did hand embroidery for a short
time and just LOVED it, but it took forever and well...I got poked a lot too.!) Then at a state fair I saw the Russian punch
set and was fascinated and loved the look.
Did you use to do hand embroidery too?
Hugs,
Cathy in Oregon
jalcumbrack  
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 22, 2008 1:22:47 AM(UTC)

Geeked Well ,my goodness,Thankyou Cathy ! I try to be supportive of any one new to ME.I know how frustrating it can be at times.Lets just say I know when to walk away from it now,LOL.I have more than a few errors in my box,LOL.

Yes I do hand embroidery as well.I am currently working on a cat lap quilt with 6 cats on it.I have 5 done and part of the border.I have been working on it since February,but I only put a few rows on at a time and when it gets to be too much I put it down for a bit.I am one who cannot just sit and do nothing so I work on it at night in front of the TV.When I get it done I will post it on the site so all can see,but at the rate I am going it may be a while yet !

I know what you mean about ME,as that is why I really got into it as well.It is almost effortless for someone like us. I have lost a lot of my motor skills and I sometimes have a hard time with the threads as I have lost feeling in my hands as well. I did that too ,ignored it but unfortunatly it does not go away.I found out in 2000 that I not only have rheumatoid arthritis but a disease called spondolitis as well .Both are degenerative  and they gave me 5 years before I would be in a chair full time. So far I have proved them wrong with that prediction,but with the degenerative disk disease I could wake up one morning and not have movement. So I live each day to the fullest! I do what I can when I can,I am not ready to give into it yet !

I am going to try some of the 3-D butterflies as I bought a bag yesterday that is just screaming for them LOL.So when I get it done I will post as well.

I am so glad I could be of some help to you and hope I can help you any way I can.I have been keeping up with all the blogs and you gals are so courageous ! I love them all so far,and have even picked up a few tips from folks my self. One thing you will find in this wonderful world of embroidery,is that we all try to help each other when ever we can,and we all have the same love of the art.My husband always knows where to find me on any day !You never quit learning with this ,and it is always something new and exciting ! The sense of accomplishment is just unreal !

So again,Thankyou so much for your kind words,but really I really never do win anything LOL! I could be the only one with a lotto ticket and still lose,LOL.It is simply uncanny ! But you know, I have never let that stuff bother me ever.I am so excited for any one who wins,probably as much or more if I had  won myself.She deserved to win ,she did a wonderful job on it,as did all the ladies ! I love seeing what everyone did with them !

If I can help you in any way please let me know,I will help if I can !

Hugs From Florida !

marciaelaine  
#11 Posted : Sunday, May 25, 2008 11:36:59 PM(UTC)

thanks for the reply