Notification

Icon
Error

Options
pat71896  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2014 10:06:25 AM(UTC)

I know everyone is busy, and goodness knows I am too.  (Goodness had nothing to do with it - Mae West)

But Hardanger is one of those incredible pieces of work that totally makes one say ooooo (sound like seeing a new sports car or incredible dress in a swooning manner) and just allows you to appreciate the work of others.

Here is the piece I thought was outstanding - among so many outstanding pieces - and wanted to share with you.

This piece is on YouTube and shows dozens of beautiful designs in 6 minutes.  Check it out if you can.

The first thing I see is that they have to find the center of the fabric, and not just 'close', it has to be CENTER!

Then you need to decide on patterns and details that would not be for the faint of heart.  Seeing this design in your eye, before you begin, must be a true love of this craft. 

A designer or the actual sewer are kindred spirits in something that is beyond me. 

Click the photo of the Hardanger design and see for yourself.  I had a difficult time deciding on which was my favorite.  I watched the video 5 times over the creation of my Blog.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

fabricconnection  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:53:14 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Its a great pattern.