Notification

Icon
Error

Options
abutler2  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 9:59:23 AM(UTC)

I just wrote an extensive and detailed post with questions for anyone who has exchanged through Brother. However, I previewed the post and somehow it disappeared. I do not have time to re-write as my husband is wondering why it has taken me nearly 45 minutes to "send an email" ( he has no understanding of applique as an obsession-although he does try.) So I am asking for anyone who has had to exchange a machine provide feedback about the process and what you had to do for Brother to approve you for an exchange. As I wrote in the other post I am pretty discouraged about my well loved machine not functioning appropriately. It was purchased in March and has been serviced once. It will not hold tension despite the efforts of the service tech and tips that I have tried from forums on this issue. Believe me when I say that I have tried everything. Please share your knowledge!!! Thanks!

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 12:50:33 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I have not seen your post.  If you leave the page during composition, it will not be saved.  I have rewritten a few because of this.

I don't know about turn around time when dealing with Brother, but have read at PatternReview and SewForum that some of these machines hum right along while others have issue after issue.

I had the Brother PE 150 and moved up to a TOL Babylock about 8 years ago and it has been a great machine.  I don't put a lot of hours on it and don't take it in for service unless there is a problem.  There was one that was operator error (turn off the machine if you have to leave it while it is still stitching as you never know when you may have to intercede).

Best wishes for a speedy return of your machine and smooth sailing from thereon.