Notification

Icon
Error

Options
debgamble  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 5:00:30 AM(UTC)

My neighbor's daughter works at a Fabric store that also does home decorating.  Therefore, I have been fortunate to be the receipient of large pieces of remnants of very nice upholstery and drapery fabrics.  I thought I'd ask for ideas on what I can use the fabric for besides making pillows.  I know I can use some of it for handbags, but need more ideas.  Anyone?? Deb

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 12:35:47 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Placemats, wall hangings, table runners.  You might consider treating anything that may come in contact with food with ScotchGard after they have been finished. 

These fabrics will soften once they have been washed.  I would serge the edges, use cold water, a short, gentle cycle and then air dry (low temp dyer may also be an option) before using in any project.

debgamble  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 5:07:14 AM(UTC)

Thanks so much Pattiann.  I'll start looking at the possibilities!  I also do machine embroidery and can see some great embellishments to the fabric as well.  Deb

pat71896  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 10:12:34 AM(UTC)

WOW!  Can I be your BFF???  I would love to get interesting pieces of all sorts of fabric.

The first thing that came to my mind was also things like placemats.  In fact, I got some placemats that were leather look, lined - and very good looking - and embroidered them for a gift.  I should have kept them.  They truly looked expensive. 

I like to use small pieces for doing some of my tests, ideas and creative playing.  The really small pieces can be cut into shapes like stars, moons and hearts for embellishments for a mirror, wall hanging or jacket.  You don't have to embroider them.  Don't forget the iron on/glue on chrystals.

I would love to see some of what you finally do with your stash.  Here is how to put the photos here in the Forum:

1. On the icon on the above bar, select the item before the happy face.  It looks to me like a ladder but it is supposed to be a film strip. 
  2. Your first dialog box you will come to is the "Insert Media" - select 'Browse' on it.  (If your photo is already on line, just insert the URL and create the size and select Insert.)
  3. Your next dialog box is "Select Content."  Chose the "Upload file" tab that is on the lower right area.
  4. Select 'Browse' again and then you will be on your own PC.  Go to the area in your computer where you placed your photo and double click on it.
  5. That takes you back to your AnnTheGran area to input your file.
  6. Then double click on that file and it automatically comes into your Forum discussion.
  7. If you would like to change the size, select the tree icon to the left of the ladder/film and change it there.
  8. Show off your work to all admirers.

I would love to see what you are doing - that goes for EVERYONE!  With the holidays on their way, show off your projects.  Idea Gift Left Hug  Hugs to everyone.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

fabricconnection  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:40:51 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
you can use for screens and for home decorations