Notification

Icon
Error

Options
dlrwolves  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 10:33:48 PM(UTC)

I do not have the software for the PE-770 BROTHER embroidery machine nor is it something that I can afford at this time.  I have 3 patterns that I need resized to fit a 5 x 7 hoop and what to know if anyone can help me with it.   Or if there is a simple program that could help me do this.  I do have the PED Basic but that is as far as I have gotten in software.  Please if anyone has information or assistance it would be most appreciated.

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 12:33:46 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

This will depend on the size of the design you want to reduce. 

Option 1:  Use the machine to re size in small increments without causing the design to become "bullet-proof".  This term refers to stitches so compact they make the design very stiff.

Option 2:  Splitting the design and re-hooping to add the split sections.  Editing software will be needed.

Option 3:  Software that decreases the number of stitches.  On the other end, enlarging the design adds stitches.  Editing software will be needed.

No matter which option you use, always test the stitch-out on "like" fabric (same fabric as what you will be using for your intended project.