Notification

Icon
Error

Options
davinia  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:05:00 PM(UTC)

Hello, 

I'm not a beginner in embroidery anymore, but I still have much to learn. 

I've had my Brother innovis 700II for little over a year now and I've just started having a problem with it. 

Problem: The stiching isn't neat anymore, but has loops on top and it doesn't show the bobbin thead (at the underside) at all anymore. I've thried both ends of the tension setting and while it gets better (less loops) with the highest tension setting and worse with the lowest tension setting. It still doesn't show any bobbin thread and still has some loops. 

Anyone any idea what I can/should do? 

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:36:13 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Time to have the machine serviced by a Brother tech.  Take a sample of stitching so they can see what is happening.  From your description, it could be the timing needs to be reset. 

neville58  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2012 3:19:31 PM(UTC)

Brother and Baby Lock are both VERY similar machines which use a lot of the same parts. I have a new Baby Lock Ellure Plus and one thing it says in the manual is that you should ONLY use bobbins made specifically for that machine.

I know several serious machine embroiderers who have made the mistake of buying bobbins at WalMart or a fabric store who had problems subsequently with bad stitches.

It is a simple possibility but might save you a trip to the shop. Also changing the needle frequently, especially on a top-end model.