Notification

Icon
Error

Options
mrsyowder  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 11:05:25 PM(UTC)

Wow, just found out that the correct bobbin thread for the Brother 700II is  90 weight rather than the usual 60 weight. I have had my machine for over two years and that was one thing I never gave any thought to. I just assumed all bobbin thread was the same. Fortunately, that is what I have been using recently, but the spool is almost gone.

Then I discovered that, because they are 1000 yard spools, the normal price is $12.99 to $14.99 each. I want to share that I found five spool packs on Amazon for 46.02.  Best price I could find!

I also have a Simplicity machine that I still use for some 4 x 4 designs. I found that this machine uses the 60 weight bobbin thread. I am sure that I wound some bobbins with the 90. Have to adjust tension or rewind on a 700II bobbin. (Sometimes I have both machines running at once!)

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:18:40 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Regarding the Brother 700ii, I believe you will find on page 7 of the manual: Bobbin thread/90 wt.

Most EM (baby lock has at least one model that uses 90 wt) use 60 wt or 70 wt bobbin thread without any issues and since it is more easily found, it may be a good idea to calibrate the bobbin tension on the 700 to accept the heavier weight bobbin thread and not use the more rare/expensive 90 wt. 

juneybug  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:59:06 AM(UTC)

I just read your post about two weeks ago and have been using the wrong bobbin thread ever since I bought the machine (1 year ago).  I am sorry that I did not read the manual that closely in the first place.  The machine worked okay, but just okay -- nothing to rave about.  I decided to try the correst size of bobbin thread recommended -- purchased on ebay at $33.49 for five spools plus $10.00 shipping -- and well worth the cost -- it is almost like having a new machine.  Thank you for your post -- now I think I should reread my manual.