Notification

Icon
Error

Options
noahsnovelties  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:10:07 AM(UTC)

Hello!

I just wanted to drop in and say "HI!" I found this website doing research on the Brother 770. I received my 770 yesterday and it works like a charm. It is truly plug and play, so-to-speak. It was different in threading and bobbin winding in comparison to my Janome machines but it wasn't hard to learn. I actually like the set up and design of it.  I thought everything about the machine layout and transferring of designs was much more user friendly than the Janome. REALLY love this machine!

About a week ago, I bought the Janome 200e and it was dud out of the box. It was stitching all over the place and it looked like a two year old scribbled all over the fabric. Some designs just looked like blobs. It was also making several loops on top of the design. I tried everything under the sun to fix it but nothing worked. Definitely a internal issue and one I was not willing to have fixed. I was told on the Janome forum that overtightening of the hoop  might cause the stitiching issues but I knew I was not overtightening and in talking with several other people, it was definitely a machine issue. I was given a long story about the loops but it didnt make sense to me and I am not going to spend my time figuring out that my machine makes a loop when it turns to stitch at 90 degrees. LOL  Out of 3 patterns on the 770, I got one small loop. No big deal!  I am sure the person meant well but a basic internet search and the complaints on their forum  will show that people are having the same issue with the 350 as well. Basically, the machine is taking the designs and stitching them out incorrectly and/or is not interpreting them correctly. I even tested its own internal designs and it did the same thing.    

Anyhow, all is well now! I look forward to conversing with you!

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:00:14 AM(UTC)

What a story!  You did the right thing all the way around.  I use Brother and Baby Lock (mostly the latter) and find them to be as you said - user friendly.  Any company can send out a dud for sale.  It happens to the best of manufacturers, they just need to know that their first priority is to the client.

The statement about the tight hoop is interesting - that is a new one to me (after nearly 11 years of embroidery) and standing up to a 'professional' to get to what is going to work for you.

I know, from experience, that many of the people selling embroidery machines are sales persons - 90% sales and 10% embroidery.  That is what happened to me one of the times I bought a machine.  It worked out for me in the end, but that was just luck. 

Work with and learn from people who truly love embroidery.  AnnTheGran is over flowing with devotees who care and will share their experience with you. 

Keep an eye out for lots of great tips and tricks right here in this Forum as well as the Blogs.  Send us some photos of your work too.  We love to see what is going on out in embroidery land.

Here is my latest idea -

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

noahsnovelties  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:48:13 AM(UTC)

Thank you Pat! I was looking at your work and it is truly amazing. Your work is something for myself to be inspired by for sure!

Wow! I apologize for the typos and grammatical errors that you had to weed through in my initial post. Embarrassed It would help if I used spell check! I type too fast and I do not go back to check what I wrote.

Yes, I thought what the machine was doing seemed strange but after looking around, others have had the same issues. Even with both machines side by side and excusing Janomes malfunction, I would just go with the Brother all over again. I have been missing out for a long time! I would love to test a babylock out at some point but that is down the road.

Thank you for the warm welcome and I will probably just Join Ann's club. I really love the designs and I am always needing supplies!

Thank you for this wonderful site! I will try to get some picture up over the weekend. Smile

pat71896  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:52:03 PM(UTC)

LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!  When he is tired of living with you, give him my address!

Just a quick FYI, there is some issue with the photos in the Gallery, so post them here.  When you are writing a thought here in the Forum, click on the 'film' icon (right of the tree) and follow the prompts.  Try to resize your photo because sometimes they are BIG!!!  Make them 1/2 as wide as the whole writing area and square (or nearly square). 

I wish others would post photos here.  I love seeing what others are doing.  I put photos here and in my blog so I sometimes feel like I am being too much of a show-off.  I do it to encourage others. 

noahsnovelties  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 1:55:57 AM(UTC)

Thank you! I just love her but she is puppy and drives me crazy! Her name is Coco but I lovingly call her Coco Loco. I adopted her from the Baldwin animal shelter in September. She had a severe upper respiratory but I had her on meds but I had the doctor to give her stronger meds before it turned into pnuemonia.  Then she had giardia and now I am treating her for demodex mange. This is what happens when people do not want their pets anymore and turn them into the shelter. :( They get very sick. :(I adopted another 11year old min pin named Noah from the Orange County shelter. He actually had pneumonia and I thought I was going to lose him. He does have a congestive heart failure but I give him lasix every day and he is doing great. The doctor said he could hardly hear his murmur.

I promise to resize my pictures before posting. I know what you mean about the size! Thanks for the help!  I have a small business of making stuffed animals and embroidery called Noahs Novelties. I just started it so it is taking me time to get everything together. With my first embroidery machine being a DOA, it kind of set me back and I kind of lost my will to do anything. But I am back in full swing now!

Thanks again for everything and please keep posting pictures! It gives me hope! :)

pat71896  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 5:16:41 AM(UTC)

I believe in rescue animals.  They give so much and love so unconditionally, it is a win-win.

Let me tell you a secret - - - Whisper don't tell anyone but when I make a mistake on my project, I have to pout for a little while before I can begin again.  I understand about that first machine setting you back.  When I stop pouting (time varies), I can start all fresh again.

Posting photos encourages me as well.  I have posted my failures as well as successes because there is always much to learn from each and hope someone can benefit from what I did. 

I recently listed this and thought it was really cool for the holidays.  I have had no sales on it.  You can have any school and color you want but it is not getting any interest.  When I think I have a terrific idea, it can just flop.  So, I try not to fall in love with my own ideas because the world can just ignore it very well.  Give them what they want!

noahsnovelties  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 5:54:08 AM(UTC)

Yes, I had my pity party for about 2 days until my replacement machine showed up. LOL I am all good now! Glad to know I am not the only one to pout! But this was lesson learned and I am sure I will have many more lesson to learn! I just can't get over the machines quality and ease of use.

Well, I think your ideas are great and I love your photography too!  I am sure I will run into the same issues. I am told though to always hang in there because there is a buyer out there for your items. Something can sit on the shelf for a year and then that one person comes along and buys it!

I believe that I am able to do a small design on the left side of a T-shirt with the 770. I have heard of others doing it but I am afraid to attempt it. Is there a self help tutorial on doing T-shirts with a machine that does not have a free-arm? I would imagine that it reguires me to bundle up the material-Somehow pin it around the hoop so that I dont accidentally embroider on a sleeve or the back side of the T-shirt?

Thank you!