Notification

Icon
Error

Options
ceceliakubarycz  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 4:54:57 AM(UTC)

Just received a new PE770. I wound the thread on the winder and it( the bobbin) won't come off. I didn't want to force it as it might break bobbin or cutter. I unwound all the thread on the bobbin and I was able to remove the bobbin. I wound very little again and tried to lift it off and it won't come off. Am I doing something wrong in winding? I don't think this should be a problem but am afraind of using too much force to cause something to break. Any suggestions would be very helpful.Thank you.

Ceil from SC

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 7:46:42 AM(UTC)

Ceil - Welcome to the wonderful world of machine embroidery.  You will be frustrated and elated and much in between.  It is a hobby that will take over your life and become a joy.  However, to start, there are a lot of things to learn.  I do highly (IMHO) recommend this forum for questions and helpful people.  I also recommend that you go over the forum PE700 instructions that I created.  While they are for the PE, they cover any machine and are general 'start' instructions for your success.

The only thing that I can think of concerning your bobbin is that you are using the wrong bobbin.  Be sure that you use the bobbins that come with the machine.  There are two for 'home machine' use, a Class L and Class 15.  I am uncertain  which your machine uses.  Don't try to use sewing machine items with your embroidery machine.  I have spent the last 3 years writing blogs for newbies and experienced embroiders. 

You need to look at this matrix as to why one works and not the other.  The 1/8" between the two bobbins definately will make trouble for you.  And, incidently, I truly recommend using prewound bobbins ONLY.  The reasons are many but just know that they are cheaper than winding yourself should be enough for most of us.

Another of my blogs that I think will be of real help to you is my Needles blog.  While it is over 3 years old, it still has accurate information. 

Ask a lot of questions and read as much as you have time to do so.  Your manual will discuss your machine only, and embroidery is a world apart from anything you have done before. 

Email me, my email address is in my profile for any questions.  Better still, put them here in this forum for others to read, help and probably learn from your issues.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

ceceliakubarycz  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 7:01:46 AM(UTC)

Pat:

Thanks for quick reply. The Bobbin was one that came with the machine. In fact it was in the bobbin case. This is a brand new machine. I will be able to contact the dealer tomorrow and see what he has to say. I have to say that I am not new to embroidery (just this machine) and have learned in the past not to use sewing  parts, etc. In fact I am very fussy when anyone else is near my machine. I hover over it like a newborn cat with her kittens.Smile  I accidently came upon this forum and I would like to remain as a member to learn more about using this machine
Again Thank you..If I find out my problem will post the answer.

Ceil from SC
Spoke to dealer..said to pry it off..haha..all it did was break bottom of bobbin..He advised to take it to a Brother Dealer and have them look after to save me from sending it back.decided to just wind on another machine and go from there. No dealers in this part of the country.  Will be looking for pre-winds. I did embroider out  my name..I liked the way it came out and the machine is so quiet.. There's alot to learn here and going to spend this evening playing around with it.. A rest from baseball for a couple of days.  I expect I will be out here for more Questions to be answered...until then...
Ceil from SC
pat71896  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 7:25:16 AM(UTC)

Sorry I thought you were new.  I noticed that you joined a long time ago and wondered. . .

Anyway, I did have this problem with mine as well and it was usually the wrong bobbin.  I had to pry them off too.  I am glad you have found someone to discuss it with, that will help a lot.

We hope you are here too and be sure to upload some photos of your projects.  (When in the 'writing a forum post' area, chose the "film strip" and follow the prompts.)

pat71896  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 7:26:14 AM(UTC)

Also, I love the opportunity to exchange thoughts, ideas and issues with each other - - all around the world!