Notification

Icon
Error

Options
achy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2011 2:15:19 AM(UTC)

Hi

I bought the PE 770 for Christmas & I love it.  This is where the "but" comes in.....

The machine is very noisy. I hear this clinking sound...like too metal bars hitting together or two big wineglasses toasting really hard.

It's not a heavy metal banging sound.   Hard to explain!!

I had noticed the more the hoop moved quickly from one area to the next the worse it got. I slowed down the speed and it seemed to help but on those fast moving designs it gets loud.

Maybe this is normal, But I haven't found many posts about it.....I know it's going to make noise, but how loud is too loud.

The needle hit the plate and broke, but I haven't noticed any problems & not happened again......AND

The designs don't come out perfectly aligned.....If I do a border the right end is 1/8" to 1/4 " lower!  I use the design  tracing function and the needle is right on the mark.....after I stitch, it's off...same thig everytime! 

Our local Brother Dealer is terrible so I hate to take it in.  Only other place is 100 miles away!!

I sure appreciate your help!  Calla

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2011 3:11:17 AM(UTC)

I can really sympathize with you!  I had a PE700 at one time and it was not quiet at all.

You have a few issues here.  Let's address the easy one, the alignment issue.  This is a stabilizer issue for sure.  Increase the amount of stabilizer you are using.  Unless absolutely necessary, don't use tearaway.  Tearaway fails when you have multiple stitches in the same small area.   Be careful not to stretch your fabric when placing it on the stabilizer.  Getting this right is just a matter of practice in my opinion.  But remember that every fabric has a slightly different stretch point.  I use the 'corner to corner' method where I take the fabric by the opposite corners and give it a stretch, I can see how easily it is manipulated.

I also had a dealer who was a 'stinker.'   (I don't know why I should be so polite - they were not!).  Make friends with the dealer 100 miles away.  Ask to spend the day with the staff and get training, instruction and when possible, talk with the technician.  Become their bff(s).  Over the phone discussion is difficult, but it can be done.  You can send photos over the Internet and a good dealer will assist you even if they were not the original sales point.  They should have their eye on you for a newer, more expensive machine anyway. 

Chat with others and ask questions.  Learn from others but remember that their experience may or may not be the same as yours for a variety of reasons.  Embroiderers love to help each other, take that help and you can pass it on one day.

Spend some time each day here at these forums because there are so many good ideas and issues that we all have.  Ann's Forum is the BEST on the Net, IMHO.  The others are non-existent or in no form at all. 

The noise.  It could be timing but most likely it is just the machine itself.  Most machines do not recommend oiling them but check your manual.  Mine had a pounding sound too.  If a design is 'bullet proof,' that will cause that noise as well.  Bullet proofing happens when the digitizer, for various reasons, has multiple layers of stitches atop each other.

Hope this helps!
Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

pattiann  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2011 10:37:43 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

It sounds as though the timing is off and needs to be reset. 

Call the long distance dealer and ask if you can wait while the machine is serviced so you do not have to make two round trips (400 miles) for the service call.  He should be able to set up an appointment.  Then before leaving, call to confirm the appointment.