Notification

Icon
Error

Options
myrebel  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 4:14:59 AM(UTC)

I am having problems with upper thread birdnesting under throat plate. I was embroidering & accidentally left a pin in my stabilizer and my needle hit it and broke. I replaced needle and then the birdnesting began. I have cleaned out all under the bobbin and checked for nicks....there was a little nick in the throat plate where the needle goes & I filed that. I took the 2 screws out & noticed that little bar with a little hook on the end; is it supposed to go back & forward when the needle goes up& down? Mine slides back & forth but doesn't move when the needle goes up & down. Just wonder if this could have broken when needle broke. I also checked tension on bobbin & turned a complete counter clockwise turn to get it to yoyo like I read somewhere. I have used floss on the top threaded to clean it out. My nearest dealer is 2 hours away. If anyone has any suggestions I would really Appreciate it.. Forgive my typing I'm away from home & using iPhone!
pat71896  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 4:31:50 AM(UTC)

For me, I have found that using a flashlight in the bobbin area very often will result in finding a small piece of thread ready for removal.  Try that.  Also look at your bobbin case, inside could be a piece of lint caught in the area which is the tension for the bobbin thread.

I don't know of anything else. 

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

myrebel  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 6:04:29 AM(UTC)

I am wondering about the bar with a hook on the end that slides over the backside of the bobbin case....is the machine supposed to move it or is it stationary? This looks like it is supposed to feed the bobbin thread...I wish could find the schematics for this machine.
myrebel  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:30:42 AM(UTC)

Just wanted to let you know that my problem was solved on another forum.  It had to do with the cutter over the bobbin.   I had to turn off machine, replace the metal needle plate, then the needle plate cover, and bobbni in that order.  Then turn machine back on and it worked fine; maybe this will help someone else if they have this problem.

pattiann  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 12:20:28 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Glad to hear you resolved your problem.  It sounds like the the bobbin case got knocked out of place when you hit the pin.

I don't follow the sequence used: "replace needle plate, then the needle plate cover"...isn't this one in the same?

Resetting the bobbin case should be addressed in the maintenance section of the machine's manual.