Notification

Icon
Error

Options
nlutes  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2011 10:13:03 PM(UTC)

I have a Brothers PE770 machine.  How can I make the letters form an arch?  Is this possible?Confused

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 3:07:27 AM(UTC)

If I understand your question, you are trying to manipulate a shape into something else. To my knowledge, that is not really a good idea. You couldd make an "O" from an arc, but that would be about it.

If you are relatively new to embroidery, you need to read, read, and then read. There is a difference between monograms and lettering. You need to use the letters on your machine for practice and then consider Alpha Xpress.  It is easy, fairly priced (and often on sale) and very high quality. Read my blogs on it. There is interesting things to know about lettering.

Ask a lot of questions here at the Forum. AnnTheGran is loaded with people who care and share.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

pattiann  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 5:04:36 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

There is nothing in the manual for this Brother model that indicates you can do this style of editing.

You will need a software program to do this or a more expensive embroidery machine.

The higher end models of Brother and Babylock embroidery machines have this editing feature.  Other brands probably do this as well.  I am only familiar with the brands I have indicated.

pat71896  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 6:45:45 AM(UTC)

Pattiann is always just a step ahead of me and I appreciate her!!  Here is your applause, not loud but sincere. Star Yes Person

That machine does have that ability. I misunderstood the question entirely. Since I don't have my similar model any more, I don't recall the exact term for doing that feature. Whilst you are in the lettering, I believe there will be some sort of icon or clue as to where to go.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer