Notification

Icon
Error

Options
nlutes  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 26, 2010 12:49:19 AM(UTC)

I have a Brothers PE770 and want to embroider a statement of a couple of words.  How do I add a space between the words I want to embroider?

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 26, 2010 3:27:39 AM(UTC)

Indifferent I gotta say, everyone has this issue with the Brother machines.  There is an underscore line that has small marks at the beginning and end of the line.  That is the space.

I had this issue too!  We need to have a sisterhood for all of us who did not figure this one out!!! Star

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

Best wishes to you and yours for a wonderful and successful new year!

nlutes  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 26, 2010 4:32:43 AM(UTC)

Thanks so much for the quick reply.  I will try it out.

Best wishes and Happy EmbroideringBig Smile

bobbie4167  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2011 6:13:27 AM(UTC)

I must just be terribly blind, but I cannot for the life of me find the underscore with the little marks at the beginning and end for the space key. I've paged back and forth, up and down, and can find NO underscore with little marks.....HELP!! LOL! Confused

bobbie4167  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2011 7:32:08 AM(UTC)

OOPS!! Found it, DUH!Tongue Tied

thecomputerist  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2011 7:53:12 AM(UTC)

YES!  I thought I was the only one (beside Homer Simpson) who says DUH!Tongue Tied

Pat

smjblair  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 12:50:46 AM(UTC)

Oh my gosh!!!  Thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!!  I have been struggling with this for 5 days now (since I first started playing).  I finally was just sewing one word and then trying to do a whole new one and the sizing wasn't right.  Maybe you could help me with this question....I am trying to make the machine start where I want it to on my piece of fabric - say I did a butterfly pattern and then wanted to do Princess under it - the hoop keeps moving to a different point - what am I doing wrong?  I just got this machine last weekend and had to immediately take it into shop as the belt had slipped during shipping.  I got it back on Tuesday and am really enjoying learning but frustrated I can't figure some of what would probably should be the easiest thing. Any help would be so greatly appreciated!!Smile

nlutes  
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 5:53:13 AM(UTC)

I have a Brothers PE770 so these instructions are according to that machine.  When you use the arrows on the window that adjusts that pattern, this takes you to the center of the pattern you are trying to make.  After you get the pattern centered where you think it should be, go back on the screen until you see the vertical symbols of - and + on the right side buttons.  Push that button and it will take you to the screen that allows you to manually look at each stitch.  The top two buttons go from color change to color change.  The bottom two is what you want.  Push the + and it will show you how the needle will travel through the whole pattern.  This shows you where the all the stitches will end up.  Make sure when you finish with that screen you go all the way back to the beginning of the stitching before switching screens.  If you don't, it won't allow you to use the other buttons to change anything about the pattern.  I hope this helps.  If not, let me know and I will try to explain it more clearly.

smjblair  
#9 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:41:11 AM(UTC)

Aha!  Ok I will try this - thank you very much!!!!!

waltermom4  
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2011 2:09:54 AM(UTC)

I just did this last night...I have the same machine...when you are typing a word and you want the space hit this button that looks like an underscore.  That is the space bar.  I used 3 spaces between the words, but I should have only used 2.  Hope this helps.

smjblair  
#11 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2011 2:45:26 AM(UTC)

I was able to get this to work - thanks for everyone's help!!! Smile