Notification

Icon
Error

Options
melanieyearwood  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2010 4:15:59 PM(UTC)

I am new to the embroidery world of course. I am doing pretty good and have learned a lot by trial and era. I downloaded universal stitch era and have had pretty good luck with creating and importing designs. I am trying to create a baby onesie. I was all excited cause I created this cute applique with her name and little circles and what not. I have just discovered sticky solvy and have learned it's so much easier not to have to hoop the material, and now i have learned to pin the material at each side to help as well.  so I am trying to put it on and was going to detach the arm, and realized that if I do that then the hoop doesn't hook on. So how do I put a baby onesie on my hoop without it sewing through both sides? I am lost. I didn't see anything in the tutorial about that. I have searched help for brother pe770 and got nothing. this is the first website I have found that actually has some information. Please help. Her birthday is Sunday and I am supposed to be bringing it. I decided that as a last resort I could just put it on a solid piece of fabric that matches the colors I have chosen and then I could sew that onto the onesie.  Please help!!

Thanks Melanie!

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 2:14:31 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Think Donut!

Place the outer-hoop into the onesie, then place the inter-hoop into place.

Gently pull the back up, around and to the top of the hoop.

If you plan to use the sticky-backing and the hoop-less method, hoop the stabilizer and then put the entire hoop inside the onesie.  Firmly pat the onesie in place without stretching, then lift the back up, around and to the top of the hoop.

Some embroiderers hold the excess with hair grips or you can carefully hold out of the way as the machine stitches.

Never leave the embroidery machine while it is stitching.  A jam can knock the timing off and this requires a trip to the shop.

Cut away stabilizer is recommended for knits.  For children and those with sensitive skin, an iron-on backing, such as tricot (found with interfacings in the fabric department) placed over the back of the completed embroidery will eliminate the irritation.