Notification

Icon
Error

Options
scrapstuff12  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 11:12:06 AM(UTC)

Hi,

I'm new to your forum but thought I'd see if you ladies might mind giving me some tips.  Two weeks ago the needle broke on my Brother PE-770.  That was the first time I had needed to change the needle.  That day I broke 3 needles, since then I've broken 2 more.  I just can't seem to get them to stay in.  I am tightening it up as tight as I can get it to go.  Does anyone else have any tips for this?

I'd appreciate any help you could give.

Thanks,

Brooke

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2010 4:10:08 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

That's a lot of broken needles!!!

Check your instruction manual to be sure the needle is being properly installed.  One side of the needle shaft is flat.  This usually faces the back of the machine, but anyone with this problem needs to refer to their manual to be sure of what is correct for their machine.

Hope this will help.

pat71896  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2010 5:12:35 AM(UTC)

I hope we hear back from you as to your current situation.  I agree with Pattiann.  I also want to be sure that you did not get a hold of some round needles. 

If there is no shaft (flat on top of needle), you have the wrong needles.  Tighten only as tight as your hand will permit, unless you are challenged, then use a screwdriver. 

Additionally, your top tension could be too tight.  Check my blog and you will find a tension check for your machine.  You should check your tension from time to time anyway.  The blog shows most everything you need to know. 

If you are still experiencing issues, you need to consult your machine technician, someone who you want to be a good friend!

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

kt3234  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2010 9:36:18 AM(UTC)

[quote user="scrapstuff12"]

Hi,

I'm new to your forum but thought I'd see if you ladies might mind giving me some tips.  Two weeks ago the needle broke on my Brother PE-770.  That was the first time I had needed to change the needle.  That day I broke 3 needles, since then I've broken 2 more.  I just can't seem to get them to stay in.  I am tightening it up as tight as I can get it to go.  Does anyone else have any tips for this?

I'd appreciate any help you could give.

Thanks,

Brooke

It could be you are not using the right size needle for your embroidery project. Different fabrics require different size needles. Here is a link to some information which may be helpful to you. http://www.allstitch.net...guide-1023.cfm Best of luck to you! Thank you, kt3234 Karen