Notification

Icon
Error

Options
jalcumbrack  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 4, 2008 6:54:52 AM(UTC)

Hello All my new friends from the circle,I have just returned home and was sorry to leave so soon but was having issues with pain. I just wanted to say what a "Hoot" it was in Orlando and wanted to Thank Ann, Greg,Eileen and everyone connected with Ann The  Gran in the store and all the helpers for making us feel so Welcomed and at home. I have never been to anything that made me feel so good,(not pressured) and the people so very friendly. I made some wonderful new friends(you know who are !!!LOL) and Hope that what Greg mentioned about  keeping or building a smaller local group that we can share with on a regular basis. THAT WOULD BE SO AWSOME ! No one understands our "Hobby" more than another embroidery addict.

Ann, You are the most wondrful easy human I have ever had the privilage of meeting and hopefully knowing and seeing more often. I cannot believe how much we had in common, I too was a single Mom. This is the first time in my life I have ever been able to do things I have wanted to do,instead of the things I had to do. As I was listening to you speak yesterday ,and chatting with you it amazed me how down to earth you are,and how wonderful and refreshing that is in todays world.

i just wanted to let you know that I had a wonderful time and will deffinatly return again next year.(hint hint)So Thankyou all for making my life so much brighter.I am overflowing with new ideas and enthusiasm.I am already working on my tote!

Have a wonderful day to all and a safe trip home to all as well,it was indeed my pleasure to meet you all !

vma_1221  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 4, 2008 10:33:40 AM(UTC)

We echo your sentiments...we, too, had a wonderful time in Orlando.  From the time we arrived at the registration desk, we knew we were among friends.

Encourage your stiching buddies to come again next time; there were so many pleasant surprises and wonderful door prizes.  I learned SO MUCH, being relatively new to home embroidery.  I also realized I still have a lot to learn!

Excellent conference; excellent price...too many good things to relate here!

hammockhanger  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 5, 2008 11:22:25 AM(UTC)

Ditto to Judy's comment. Sue/HHWink

waringg  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 6, 2008 9:20:27 PM(UTC)

Orlando Community Circle was fantastic! 

I had a great time meeting other embroiderers and learning lots of tricks of the trade from Eileen and Ann.  It was a terrific two days and I too hope it will be repeated! 

Thanks to all who made this possible,

Glenda from Titusville

beamishboy  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 12:17:05 AM(UTC)

Thanks, Judy and everyone for your encouraging comments. It's great to know that our first Community Circle was so well received. Looks pretty certain that we'll be doing this again.

Also, thanks to all of you in this forum and on the blogs for posting your thoughts. It seems that we have our first few "power users", especially you Judy, and Sue, everyone's favorite hammock hanger. Keep it up, ladies, we love it!

Greg

marsuz  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2008 11:33:02 AM(UTC)

I am joining all the others who had a great time last week in Orlando.  To be honest I didn't think there were as many 'nuts' as me into machine embroidery.  What a wakeup call.

What made it so wonderful was the information that was passed at the tables during the lunches and dinner.  At my table we had a great bunch including the winner of the machine.  We were all so happy that she won it, and believe it or not she kept saying that she was going to win it.  We all said sure you are but her faith prevailed.  It seems almost impossible that a person who didn't even own a machine would come to something like this and then walk away with all she needs to get hooked on her passion.

I will be at the next one and hope that I learn as much then as I did this time.

I want to thank Ann and you Greg for making it all so worthwhile.

Marge

lmj5505  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 13, 2008 3:00:51 AM(UTC)

I just want to agree with everyone else about the Community Circle.  I had never been to anything like this before and I am so glad I went.  Like everyone I met some wonderful people and hope to develope some lasting friendships from the people I met.  I hope we will carry through Ann's suggestion of getting together with others in our area and since we had so many from central Florida it would be great.  It was very wonderful to see Cathy win the machine being the only person that did not have one.  I never have witnessed so many people happy to see someone win as the group of ladies (and gentlemen) there.

Ann and Greg I think we all look forward to another one next year.  You did a fantastic job!

A special hello to all my new friends and hope to see and hear from you soom.

Lina