Notification

Icon
Error

Options
sparky59  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 12:15:06 PM(UTC)

I bought my brother PE70011 from you almost a year ago. We have no service techs in this area so I don't know who to take it to. I have not managed to get ONE design yo embroider properly since i got this machine. It breaks needles and jams like 5 or 6 times in a row. If i can get it sewing again it breaks thread at least every 2 minutes. I am so frustrated after spending all this money on this machine and it drives me crazy. The bobbin area is so cheaply made it's hard to believe that Brother would even bother trying to think this wasn't going to be a problem. I also have a Bernina Deco embroidery machine that i have had for years that works great. The problem is it won't do a 5x7 design so thus i bought this one.

I have called Brother numerous times and they tell me to take it for service. That would be great if i had a place to take it. If i could get the whole new bobbin insert I think i could fix it myself but as of now I'm scared to death to try to do anything of value with it and still using my old Bernina which is working like a charm with it's little 4x4 hoop. If anybody can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks                   

Nancy

atgadmin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 12:35:15 AM(UTC)

Hi Nancy,

Please contact Brother regarding this issue:

1-877-BROTHER (877-276-8437)

M-F, 9:00am to 5:45pm Eastern Time

If you still need assistance please e-mail support@annthegran.com

Best Regards,

AnntheGran support

pattiann  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 4:56:43 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Where in the world do you live that you do not have a Brother dealer?  There is a dealer locator at the Brother website.

Refer to the maintenance section of the manual to be sure the bobbin case did not moved when the needle jammed.  You will have to remove the needle plate to remove the bobbin case.  Make sure the needle is at it's highest position when replacing the bobbin case.

If that does not help, then I would take the EM to any dealer that does sewing machine repair - the timing may need adjusting.