Notification

Icon
Error

Options
momnme  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 11:52:49 PM(UTC)

I dont even know where to start, having just got my first Brother 770! I was told there was a way to download patterns directly from the computer and I cannot find a USB anywhere? Is it in some hidden spot? There is a card slot-but I can't even figure that out! Anyone want to coach a real rookie?

Any help is much appreciated!

momnme  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 11:54:25 PM(UTC)

Whoops, I meant a Brother PE700 ...

pattiann  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:18:57 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Check the manual - I am not sure this model has the flash stick.

pat71896  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:08:48 AM(UTC)

You are CRAZY!  NOT!

That is really a good machine, but it does not have a USB connection.  I have to say, USB connections for the machines I have used is not as great as it it cracked up to be.  For one thing, the embroidery machines' computer is for the designs and programs to the stitching only.  It is NOT a PC as such.  So, if you have, say 150 designs on a USB, you must cycle through the designs until you find the one you want.  There is, currently, no  way to sort them or request something as we do on a PC.

Your card is just fine.  What I do is have multiple cards, you can find them for around $60 each on the Net.  I realize that much is a lot, but if you are looking for convenience, the card does just fine.  If speed is necessary, that is where the cost comes in.  So, my system was to put FSL designs on one, favorite designs on another, and alpha/monograms on the 3rd.  I marked with with #1, #2, and #3, so that if I changed the system, #1 might be something else.  It is not difficult.

New items are coming from the Net all the time.  I would not be surprised if someone was selling a 'card' that was attached to a USB connection for people in the embroidery community. 

I highly recommend that you go to the instructions for PE700, right here at AnnTheGran.  I proudly wrote it and it has a lot of tips for the newbies (we love so much!!).  Do the exercise as instructed and you will learn a lot from that. 

Return to the Forum frequently, ask a lot of questions, listen with an open mind.  If something works for my machine, it may or may not work for you.  There are a lot of variables.  Read through your manual, at your machine and ask here if you get confused.  Confusion is normal for machine embroidery.  We all went through the same trial by matches (it is not much of a fire, you just need to ask). 

People here are so friendly, you will enjoy your education and friendships you find here.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

(ps:  I do have a Blog which is for both newbies, intermediate and experienced embroiderers, check some of them out)  Blog