Notification

Icon
Error

Options
fromzstore  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2010 4:37:29 AM(UTC)

If i want to start my stitching at the starting point and not the center how do i do this i have read the manual and cant seem to get it to work out can anyone explain how to do this.

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2010 5:43:18 AM(UTC)

I am not entirely certain that I understand your question.  However, if I am correct, you need to 'advance' your needle a single stitch by use of the +/- button and advance a single stitch.

Perhaps you may want to take a photo of what you have in mind.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

pattiann  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 2:40:53 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Sometimes the starting point (anchor stitch) is off to the side, top or bottom of a design.

Check the functions of your embroidery machine to see if you can advance  1,2,3 or how ever many stitches are in the anchor stitch.

You will see the needle go up and down in place to anchor, then jump to the design.

junemellinger  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 2:46:16 AM(UTC)

Dear Friends,

Allow me to jump in to the fray here.  I think that there is a misunderstanding about how the 700 functions. 

• You can use the image shown above to determine where the furthest points of embroidery will take place for an image that you have selected.  Look at it like the ability to check the pattern postion manually as opposed to clicking the box with the arrow on it which does an auto  trace of the embroidery area.  If you pick the center right key and then click on the blue box with arrow in it, the needle position remaims where you have put it but you can return to the function that lets you move the entire design around the design page for placement.  (the 4 arrows with the N-S-E-W placement)
  • I really like the fact that I can click on one of the 9 boxes in the top left example and see where the embroidery will be at that point on my garment.  I just used that function the other day when I was making applique patch for my grandson's overall's
  • Please do not confuse the use of these keys by thinking that if you press the key you will be able to tell the machine to start embroidering the rose at the centered button on the top row.  It does not work that way.  Items have been digitized to embroider in the same order all the time for many reasons. 

As I write this and test it out...I realize that the terminiology might be confusing and I apologize for that but I do hope this helps.

June Mellinger

Brother International