Notification

Icon
Error

Options
maddierae  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 4:52:26 AM(UTC)

After ripping out some badly sewn letters in the name of our high school, I need to resew, but not the whole name, UGH!  These are on knit caps - 15 were fine, but three of them were not straight.  I really didn't want to rip out the whole name, just replace the letters that were crooked; they are either on the front or end of the word.   Is there a way to do a "trace" with the needle without sewing? I thought if I could do that, I would know exactly where the design was lining up.  So far, I have had lousy luck and have had to rip out an "e" three times.  I am really hoping someone has had to do this and has the perfect answer to line up this design. 

Of course, it looked good until it was taken off the sticky stabilizer.  The hoops for the Brother make it difficult to use close to the top or bottom and line up.  I finally got smart and put marks on the hoop on both sides. This way I make sure the bottom of the hats are at the same mark at both sides of the hoop, but these mistakes came before I "got smart"!

Thank you,

Maddierae

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 12:41:49 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

There is a jog feature on embroidery machines for determining the perimeter of the design.

Try a sample first.

pat71896  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 5:13:11 AM(UTC)

You might consider using the 'frames' group Brother has already built into your machine.  Place your fabric and the place where you will be entering the letter, and use the 'square frame' with a single line.  Enter your letter into the machine as if you were ready to sew.  Place the square (closely) around the letter in question.  Sew out only the 'frame' and you will see - just as your letter is relative to your square on the on screen show, where that letter will be landing.

If it is really close, you may just have to do small adjustments and/or rotations. 

Removing that single line of 'baste' is a lot easier to do than removing a badly placed letter.

Hope this helps! 

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer